Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the recent magazine ban in New Jersey, I have to get new, 10-round magazines for my older model PPQ 9mm. The PPQ now comes in an M1 and M2 version, and, I think the M1 is the same as the older model PPQ, but I'm not certain. Are the mags for the PPQ M1 the same, or should I be getting the P99 magazines, instead?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
If you ppq has the paddle style mag release it’s considered M1... if you have a push button mag release it’s M2.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I feel for the people in NJ, hopefully SCOTUS will hear this and overturn it.
If you have an early model with the paddles you can also use P99 magazine if you can find them.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
224 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
If you have a PPQ M1, in addition to P99 mags there are also Magnum Research Eagle mags, also made by Mec-Gar, that are the same except for the finish
The finish is the same also. The difference is the color of the follower, and the writing on the base plate.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm also "doing time" in NJ. I just epoxied in mag blocks from magazineblock.com
Easy to do once I got the technique down. Permanent too. Much cheaper than new mags. Only down side is you can't ever disassemble the mag for cleaning.

·
Registered
26 Posts
That's a big down side. I'm looking for a solution that doesn't prevent me from being able to field strip the mag. It's just not an option for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts