Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a distributor in the US where I can order NILL-Grips for my S&W PPK, or should I order on the NILL-Grip web site?  

http://www.nill-griffe.com/

I'd like to get the grips sooner rather than later, so I'm guessing a US distributor would be faster as long as they are in stock.  I've Googled, checked ebay, and nothing jumped out.  

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like they are special order; I sent them a request for the part number and price via email. Thanks, jehzsa. I couldn't decide between Hogue or Nill for a while; it looks like the Nill grips might be a little more hand filling. I have Hogue king wood grips on my PP and they look awsome in my High Noon leather holster. I'm sure Hogue would do their usual outstanding job with PPK grips as well (I have Hogue grips on over half of my guns), but for a change, I think I'll try Nill.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Benny

Look on Nill's site to see what you like for your PPK. They have a english version too.
Then email Nill to see if what you want is available.
If so you have the part # and know for sure what you want is available directly from the source.
I have done 2 orders through Mac-tec and James there is a pleasure to deal with.
I just ordered some Nills for my P7M8 (stippled) that are special order and I went with Mac-tec though I might have gotten them sooner ordering directly from Nill.
Borth place shipments/orders once a month due to Customs papers.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
As a matter of fact....
Nill and Mac-tec work closly together.... the guy from Nill said he was forwarding my email to James from Mac-tec just so he knows the grips are available....
So I think either way you get what you want.... depending on the date you order you might get them sooner one way or another.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks again for the info. I just placed an order for the Rhomlas Texture grips through Mac-tec. Hope they make the black PPK look and handle nice. Mac-tec answered my email question today - I sure am willing to place an order with a company that even answers email, nevermind on a Sunday!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for the tip on Nill.  I'd never heard of them and was trying to find a nice pair of grips for my PPK/S. I like that they are a small German firm and retain the sensabilities and identity they began with.

(updated 9/27/06) I had actually already ordered a set from Hogue.  A fair amount of fitting was needed.  I ended up putting the Hogue Coco Bolo on an older Walther PPK/S I have and will be installing the Nill Grips on my new PPK/S-1.  I really like the Hogue grips and am a little sorry I second guessed myself, I might have ordered two sets had I known they would be so nice.  I had great  knowledgable help at Hogue and ordered directly from them as no one in my area sells the exotic wood grips for the PPK/S.  I am happy to have ordered from them directly despite paying full retail.  Hogue is a family owned business here in California. I like that they come with a stainelss screw which is slightly smaller than the Walther unit. I did my fitting with my emerson pocket knife simply trimming small areas of the inletted portion of the grip until the fit was snug and perfectly aligned.  The coco bolo was easily trimmed with the sharp knife which is a Tanto type.  I used the knife inverted, using the top of the blade as a guide while slicing away small bits of the area I needed removed.  You could just as easily use a dremmel or a file.   

I am sure the Nill grips will be at least as wonderful.  I too ordered mine from MacTec and they seem like a great company.  I will post photos of the PPK/S-1 grip install when I get them.  It may be several weeks to as many as 6 weeks.

http://www.hogueinc.com/getgrip....&step=4

Sorry the photo aren't great, it was late when I finished and the lighting was bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts