Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
I really like Meprolights as they are very big and bright dots. That's what I have on my PPQs. As a second choice, I think the Trijicon HD night sights are also very good. I like the orange front sight for the Trijicon HDs over the yellow front sight. Just my personal preference.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I installed some Trijicon HD Night Sights with the front post as day glow orange. Love it for the day time quick acquisition.

Reactions: socrates007

·
Premium Member
13,799 Posts
That's kinda like a 'loaded question'....or a 'trick question'. There are quite a few choices out there....and anybody you ask will tell you that whatever they're using is the best.

My current favorite is SpeedSights. Others will recommend something else....and the beat goes on.

Home - Speed Sights

·
Premium Member
8,637 Posts
Yup...fart is correct...my choice would be TFX Pros....great for EDC duty weapons. I do like the Speed Sights but the Pros are more aggressive for belt racking and the fiber optic and tritium combo are better at dawn and dusk than the Speed Sights IMHO.

Between the two you won't go wrong for a duty carry and the others are good for range work... :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have TFX Pros on other guns which are probably the brightest sights available. I recently install SpeedSights night sights on my PPQ SC but haven’t really evaluated them as night sights. In the dark they would revert to a 3 dot system which I think would shoot slightly high, OF knows better than me.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I own them all and found Speedsights to be a tick above with more pin point accuracy and the sights jump out more in lower light when the tritium tubes dont matter yet. In pure darkness they all are the same as the tritium tubes are pretty standard across the brands but you wont be shooting in total darkness.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Another vote for TFX Pros here. The good thing is you have choices.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've been looking at those speed sights myself (I know, I know, I just got my ppq lol). I dont like how much of a gap there is with the stock back sights, and those speed sights just look intuitive, and easy to tell when things are lined up. Less worrying about judging the gap in stock sights means more time focusing on learning the rest of the fundamentals.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I've been looking at those speed sights myself (I know, I know, I just got my ppq lol). I dont like how much of a gap there is with the stock back sights, and those speed sights just look intuitive, and easy to tell when things are lined up. Less worrying about judging the gap in stock sights means more time focusing on learning the rest of the fundamentals.
I changed over to SpeedSights after only having PPQ SC 3 weeks, go for it.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I own them all and found Speedsights to be a tick above with more pin point accuracy and the sights jump out more in lower light when the tritium tubes dont matter yet. In pure darkness they all are the same as the tritium tubes are pretty standard across the brands but you wont be shooting in total darkness.

Mystro or anyone - Any idea if the "Walther" sights will fit the PPS? (Or are they only for the Walthers listed?)

·
Registered
655 Posts
They are working on the PPS now.

Mystro or anyone - Any idea if the "Walther" sights will fit the PPS? (Or are they only for the Walthers listed?)

·
Registered
284 Posts
They are working on the PPS now.
Awesome! Thanks Mystro. My PPS came with screwed up sights from the factory, and I need new ones. After seeing these Speed sights, I really want to test them!

·
Registered
351 Posts
One thing you get with Trijicon is fantastic customer support. I bought a G23 around the turn of the century and had Trijicons installed by the gun store at the time of purchase. I finally had the (tritium) inserts replaced by Trijicon this year, and it was only $57, plus the cost of shipping the slide to Trijicon. Can't beat that!

Not sure about other companies, but Trijicon stands behind their products.

·
Registered
479 Posts
One thing you get with Trijicon is fantastic customer support. I bought a G23 around the turn of the century and had Trijicons installed by the gun store at the time of purchase. I finally had the (tritium) inserts replaced by Trijicon this year, and it was only $57, plus the cost of shipping the slide to Trijicon. Can't beat that!

Not sure about other companies, but Trijicon stands behind their products.

How long did your trijicons last before losing their brightness?Mine are starting to get a little dim but I'm not sure how old they are as they were on a used gun.

·
Registered
655 Posts
How long did your trijicons last before losing their brightness?Mine are starting to get a little dim but I'm not sure how old they are as they were on a used gun.
10 years from new.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
The half life of tritium is 12.5 years which means every 12.5 years tritium sights will lose half of their brightness.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts