Walther Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I’m enjoying my P99 but I’m not feeling the love from the factory sights. There’s just a little too much daylight between the front and back. With that in mind, what is everyone using/recommending? I think I’m leaning towards PT’s Green/Blue or Green/Red.

It’s either that or strap a laser and flashlight on.  

·
Registered
280 Posts
The sights are made that way for fast target aquisition. Night sights are like that also. What are you wanting, more accurate sights?

·
Registered
539 Posts
After shooting a Springfield 1911 with matte black sights in a dimly lit range I appreciate the stock walther sights 100%. I couldn't hit the side of a barn with that thing. I didn't even finish a box of 50 rds that I bought when I rented the gun.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
You could learn to shoot with out sights on at all.

Seriously, I've got a friend whose a Grand Master IPSC shooter and he has no sights at all on his pistol.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Well there's that, of course. I certainly found that shooting at a black target, in a dimly lit range with matte black sights on a new gun to be a wee bit of a challenge. I put them in the paper but that's about it.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I just ordered the rear sight for my Big Dot system......the 24-7 model. It seems you can upgrade the rear sight and keep the big dot without change. www.xssights.com

The price for the entire system is $120.......for the 24-7
the model # is SW0009A-5 for the Walther P-99 (for the front to come with the Big dot) Standard front dot is available.

This is a great combat low light sight system.......I have been using mine for 4 years now. Target aqusition is super fast and it is easy to take quick follow-up shots. Don't expect to tear a single hole in the target.......the sights were not designed for that type of accuracy. "Front Sight" shooting has always been the method I have taught new shooters in CQC. At moderate distances it puts the bullets on target--quickly !

These are simply the best combat sights I have seen for the Walther ...for the Money. YMMV

JF

1 - 10 of 10 Posts