Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a new PPQ M2 and was interested in putting night sights on it, any suggestions??
Tony

·
Premium Member
8,647 Posts
What are you going to use the weapon for, target shooting, competition, range toy, duty and EDC, CCW? The type of use is going to make a difference as will price point.
I'll start by saying if you want a "combat" or EDC and duty night sight you could consider Tru Glo TFX Pro sights.
They combine fiber optics with tritium vials. Great at light gathering in situations like dawn and dusk when tritium output closely matches ambient light. They also have an aggressive rear sight slope for belt racking and are extremely robust which is good on an EDC. Because they are push mounted they will hold target zero.
I've used other sights but find these the best for EDC duty use.
For target or range use there may be other better choices.

·
Premium Member
1,841 Posts
I just purchased a new PPQ M2 and was interested in putting night sights on it, any suggestions??
Tony
What is your intended use for the gun?

There are plenty of options. You will find that many here have their personal preferences.

Truglo TFX Pros are excellent on a defensive gun and are highly visible in any light condition.

I like the Dawson Precision sights which can be had with tritium vials. I think they are as good as it gets for target or competition shooting.

You will hear other options as well. There is a certain amount of personal preference to sights.

Other sights that get mentioned a lot are Speed Sights and Trijicons.

In summary, lots of good options for the PPQ.

·
Premium Member
1,841 Posts
What are you going to use the weapon for, target shooting, competition, range toy, duty and EDC, CCW? The type of use is going to make a difference as will price point.
I'll start by saying if you want a "combat" or EDC and duty night sight you could consider Tru Glo TFX Pro sights.
They combine fiber optics with tritium vials. Great at light gathering in situations like dawn and dusk when tritium output closely matches ambient light. They also have an aggressive rear sight slope for belt racking and are extremely robust which is good on an EDC. Because the are push mounted they will hold target zero.
I've used other sights but find these the best for EDC duty use.
For target or range use there may be other better choices.
Olsoul, i think we posted at the same time saying similar things.

To the OP, I wholeheartedly agree with olsouls assessment.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks so much for the input! I started looking online and quickly became overwhelmed by all the choices lol. As far as use, it’s going to be an edc, target pistol. Range and self defense.
Tony

·
Premium Member
1,841 Posts
Thanks so much for the input! I started looking online and quickly became overwhelmed by all the choices lol. As far as use, it’s going to be an edc, target pistol. Range and self defense.
Tony
For a duty gun I'd favor the Truglo sights.

For a target and range gun, I'd favor the Dawsons as they allow for a more precise sight picture and can be tuned to your preferences in point of impact and sight widths.

But that's my preference. I don't know your experience level and preferences. As I stated, some of this is personal preference and what works best for your eyes.

Trijicon and Speed Sights have their fans too and have good reputation for quality.

Good luck. Let us know what you decide and how they are working out.

·
Premium Member
8,647 Posts
Here is my Q45 with TFX Pros mounted:

Reactions: Toe-Knee-LT

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’m leaning toward the tru glo sights. I like that they have the tritium vial. I found a decent deal on them for $107. Question... do sights for a PPQ also fit the PPQ M2 as well??
My experience level is rookie lol I have years of experience with rifle very little with pistol. The last two years I’ve gotten more serious about edc and getting proficient with it.
Tony

·
Premium Member
1,841 Posts
Another option is the XS F8 sights. A PPQ SC i recently bought came with those sights.

They are also a good defensive sight and seem to be very robust.

If your eyes are starting to go like mine, these have merit. They are huge! Very very visible.

For close range, fast and dirty work they are great. I think they give up a little as the distance to target increases though.

·
Premium Member
1,841 Posts
I’m leaning toward the tru glo sights. I like that they have the tritium vial. I found a decent deal on them for $107. Question... do sights for a PPQ also fit the PPQ M2 as well??
My experience level is rookie lol I have years of experience with rifle very little with pistol. The last two years I’ve gotten more serious about edc and getting proficient with it.
Tony
Yes. The difference between the PPQ and PPQ M2 is the magazine release. The M2 version of the PPQ has a button magazine release. The original PPQ, sometimes called the M1 version has a European-style paddle magazine release.

Most PPQs now sold are M2s.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome thank you very much! I appreciate being able to pick someone’s brain who has a lot more experience than I do. This is a wonderful forum and I’m glad I joined it. Everyone thank you for your advice and have a blessed weekend!
Tony

·
Premium Member
8,647 Posts
The purists call the original PPQ the Classic PPQ..:) The heck with this M1 stuff... In fact even Walther started calling it the Classic. The term start here on the Forums when the button model came out. If you go back to those threads you'll see lots of discussion about names....much ado about nothing.
Still it is fun to get back to our origins.

Past that Jimmo is right the TFX Pros will fit your M2 just fine. However remember these are push mounted sights. This is not the same as the screw mounted sights presently mounted on your Q.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have the Trijicon HD sights on many pistols and I like them a lot. Very high visibility in the daylight and quite good in low light as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Tony

Look at Speed Sights.
Best Night Sights for Walther Handguns - High Visibility Walther Sights
Have them on my PPQ M2 9mm. IMO...best all around day/night sight combo that actually work in all conditions. Once rear is sighted in, it won't move w/thread locker on the threads. Over 4000 rounds, haven't budged. Excuse the blurry night shot...but you get the point. They're bright in the dark!

ss1.jpg ss2.jpg ss3.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Are speed sights push mounted or screw mounted?
Front sight sits in a small pocket with 1 screw, non adjustable. Rear sight is push mounted in the slide groove/dovetail with 1 set screw to lock in...after sighting in. Rear is a very tight fit...IMO definitely requires pusher tool/vise vs. tapping in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Front sight sits in a small pocket with 1 screw, non adjustable. Rear sight is push mounted in the slide groove/dovetail with 1 set screw to lock in...after sighting in. Rear is a very tight fit...IMO definitely requires pusher tool/vise vs. tapping in.
What happens to the rear plunger? Iv been having problems with my rear sights not staying in place because of the rear plunger

·
Registered
15 Posts
New PPQ 45 shooter here ordered TFX truglo tritium and fiber optic extreme, will update when I receive and install. Love this pistol!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts