Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Waltherforums!

I've been scouring the stickies here trying to find an answer to this question but am yet to find one. I am looking to upgrade my PPQ with night sights. I get the impression that the PPQ is, for lack of a better term, 'backward compatible' with several P99 sights. I also got the impression that the P99 uses Sight Image 1, which I do not want. Are there any PPQ compatible sights on the market that use Sight Image 3? Do they all and have I totally been reading things incorrectly?

For reference:

I would also prefer the sights to be 3 dot sights. If anyone can recommend a specific sight I'd greatly appreciate it.

I wouldn't have posted this topic if I could find the answer elsewhere here. I have looked and haven't been able to determine it. Again, any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
The answer is there I promise you... The PPQ shoots at #2 I believe with aftermarket sights like trijicons it's should shoot #3... But they all are close and all have some truth depending on the shooter.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have trijicons and they shoot #3, as the front sight is taller than the standard front sight for the PPQ. I prefer the #2 that the standard PPQ sights shoot, but the trijicons make it shoot like my HK's do, so that is good at least.

·
Premium Member
13,807 Posts
Sarge…it’s been pointed and verified by many current PPQ/PPS/P99 owners on this forum that Walter pistols use sight picture no. 3. I personally own 2 PPQ’s, a 9 and a 40 as well as a P99C 9mm. All these pistols, with factory sights shoot sight pic no. 3. I’ve also installed Meprolight sights on the PPQ’s and Trijicons on the P99C. The sight picture didn’t change.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Sarge…it’s been pointed and verified by many current PPQ/PPS/P99 owners on this forum that Walter pistols use sight picture no. 3. I personally own 2 PPQ’s, a 9 and a 40 as well as a P99C 9mm. All these pistols, with factory sights shoot sight pic no. 3. I’ve also installed Meprolight sights on the PPQ’s and Trijicons on the P99C. The sight picture didn’t change.
That's strange, I have found both my PPS and PPQ fire pic 2 with stock sights and Meps.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have trijicons and they shoot #3, as the front sight is taller than the standard front sight for the PPQ. I prefer the #2 that the standard PPQ sights shoot, but the trijicons make it shoot like my HK's do, so that is good at least.
You do know the individual sight heights don't matter at all comparing between mep, trij, stock, whatever right?... It's the height between trij front and trij rear or stock front and stock rear or whatever that will determine where those sights should be aimed (options being on the #2 top of the sights or #3 on the dots... whoever came up with that sight picture #1 should be bonked over the head repeatedly)

Unless you're shooting at 25y+ and bullseye shooting, either 2 or 3 will work just fine with all the setups out there. Just choose what you like or what works the best.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Installed Meps 18801 on my PPQ and left right is perfect. However, now shoots right at 4" high at 30'. I know I have seen somewhere on forum of these issues but don't know if any answers. What is my fix? Stock sights were dead on using sight pic 3. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
13,807 Posts
Installed Meps 18801 on my PPQ and left right is perfect. However, now shoots right at 4" high at 30'. I know I have seen somewhere on forum of these issues but don't know if any answers. What is my fix? Stock sights were dead on using sight pic 3. Thanks.
Maybe it's cuz Meprolight 18801 is for the 'compact'. Model 18800 is for the full size P99/PPQ. I think I read on here the other day that someone used the 18801 sights on their full size P99/PPQ and was able to use sight picture no. 2 to blow the bulls-eye outta the target. So, go back to the range and use sight pictue no. 2....see if that works for ya. And then, let us know the results.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Already tried that. Sight picture three helps but it's still about 2 inches high. I originally bought the 18800 But the front sight was loose So I returned it to try the 18801. The new sight worked perfectly except for point of impact was too high. Now what? I know that neither one of these sights was intended to fit the PPQ.

·
Premium Member
13,807 Posts
Sorry. Meant I tried sight pic 2 and brought it from 4" high down to 2" high at 30'
So, if you want to shoot em' in the eye, aim 2" low. Or you could always order the AmeriGlo front sight GL-212-OR-Q, which allows me to use sight image no. 2 ... POA = POI

1 - 20 of 22 Posts