Walther Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a PPS in .40 cal. Of course it is on BACKORDER! Has anyone heard if Walther is going to come out with night sights for this pistol? Or is one of the after market companies like Tru-Dot going to manufacture sights?

This gun is so new its hard to find holsters, etc.

SRS1911

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
The Walther factory P99 night sights will work on the PPS.....
the regular steel sights for the P99 are identical to the PPS sights

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info uncut. That's one item I can take off my shopping list for my new CCW once it ever gets here.

SRS1911

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
That is what I was told by Walther....
If you look at that picture that was provided by another Forum member, you can see that the cutout for the sight is the same on both slides.... however they do need to be factory Walther night sights. So only one set of night sights are available right now (Meps or Tirijcons will not work)
Walther's metal sights for the P99 are not click adjustable but have a pin in them and are only drift adjustable

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I appreciate the data and your help uncut. You've saved me some leg work. This will only be the second Walther I've owned. I'm moving from a Glock 26 to the PPS. There was nothing wrong with the Glock; it worked for me. But I liked what I read and saw about the PPS. Besides, it was time to move from a 9mm to the 40 S&W and better concealment that the PPS appears to offer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I appreciate the data and your help uncut. You've saved me some leg work. This will only be the second Walther I've owned. I'm moving from a Glock 26 to the PPS. There was nothing wrong with the Glock; it worked for me. But I liked what I read and saw about the PPS. Besides, it was time to move from a 9mm to the 40 S&W and better concealment that the PPS appears to offer.

SRS1911

·
Registered
22 Posts
Has anyone compared the two guns side by side and measured the sights and the sigt channel? Also, the front sight is mounted via a screw underneath. Is that how the P99 sight is mounted? I have not even seen a P99 myself so that is why I am asking. I don't really understand why factory walther sights would supposedly work but not some good trijicons. I know the trijicons are adjustable, but how would this make them incompatible if they fit a P99 and the P99 sights fit the PPS?

It would seem someone at Walther would HAVE to know why the hell they put numbers on the sights. There is a reason, and there should be some sight options either available now from another walther weapon, or they should be coming out with them as a factory accessory.

I am still leaning towards the laserlyte sub-compact laser for this gun, but I can't seem to get past the crappy reviews on the thing. It is the best laser size-wise right now, but the windage adjust in an X-pattern and it isn't too durable with small screws and thin aluminum clamps.
What to do...

·
Registered
382 Posts
ya know.... i just dont see putting a laser OR night sights on this gun...
first off, the laser.... im just not a laser guy, if thats your thing ok...

but as far as replacing the sights...
i just want to go ahead and say how GREAT the METAL sights are that come on the PPS..... i mean they are METAL, they are low profile, nicely rounded... no rough edges to hang on anything..
im telling ya right now.... if my p99 or P99C had come with sights like this, i would have never replaced them.... why it took Walther this long to figure out how to make nice sights, ill never know...
Unless the nightsights from the factory are the same shape and low profile like these.... i just dont see replacing them

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
If you look at the 3rd picture above closely... you can see the screw on the frontsight post... it is the same as the PPS ..... (the pic is of P99 metal sights)
the reason the Trijicons or Meps won't work is due to the click adjustment used in the regular P99 sights.... (so in theory the meps or trijicons front sight will work on the PPS)
the regular sights are plastic and not metal... that is why I said Walther metal sights will work on the PPS.... the metal sights are drift adjustable only like in the PPS ....
the only difference in the PPS is that they sit lower than on the P99....
the number on the rear sight tells how far appart the slot is... and the front sight # shows how high the front sight post is

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for the good info UNCUT!
DAVID S- I agree that the walther PPS sights are really good sights being that they are metal, low profile, and have nice large dots. But personally I like the laser as I am a believer in how fast you can get your aim in low light situations with one. Try having someone run around and see how fast you can get a good sigt picture on them with the dot sights vs. a laser in low light. Are you focused on the attacker or the sights more with the stock dot sights? The laser keeps your eyes on the attacker because your laser dot is on them right where you want it without even having to have your gun up to eye level. The only drawback is that unless you have a set of laser grips- you have to maually turn on the laser beforehand. Laser grips with most likely never be made for this gun since it would fatten it up and take away from its thin quality. The removeable backstrap will not let any overmoulded grips to work either.

Anyway- I am taking away from the original idea for this topic...

·
Registered
382 Posts
well to each his own.... if you want to trust a laser sight, i guess thats your call........
if you train with your gun alot and become really familar with it, then all the better...
for me, its just something else to worry about flicking on, or turning on in the heat of when the shtt hits the fan...
Ive been in a situation before like that, and trust me, the last thing you are thinking about is a good sight picture or trying to figure out where the laser on/off button is...... it becomes INSTINCT shooting at that point.....

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Here is another pic I just took.....
P99/PPS metal sight from the bottom...... no click adjustment.... just a roll pis that is already installed into the sight

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts