Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any recommendations for night sights for a PPQ subcompact? I got the Le version with the luminescent sights and really don't like them.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Trijicon HD! Comes in orange or yellow. I personally love the yellow over the orange. Different people see one or the other better. Both are great but to me the yellow “pops” more in early morning and dusk low light environments. Their not cheap but 100% worth the investment! You won’t be disappointed!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Trijicon HD! Comes in orange or yellow. I personally love the yellow over the orange. Different people see one or the other better. Both are great but to me the yellow “pops” more in early morning and dusk low light environments. Their not cheap but 100% worth the investment! You won’t be disappointed!
If you are looking at Trijicon sights, they offer three different colors, green, yellow and orange. The green is their brightest, and always the one recommended for the front sight. I think you can go with all three green (which is what I did when I first purchased them for my Gen 3 Glock), but that takes an additional second or two to line up the sights in a dark environment. You have to move the pistol left & right slightly to ID the front sight. When I had the tritium tubes replaced ($59), I went with green front and yellow rear. This makes the sights really quick to acquire.

Yellow is close, but not quite as bright as the green, and the orange is another step down in brightness.

The green and yellow have 10 year warranties, while the orange only has a 5 year warranty. (another reason I chose yellow rear)

I think the original tritium inserts were still functional up until ~12 years, but they were really dim by 15 years. The initial price was $150-180, but as I stated above, you can ship your slide to Trijicon and have the tritium tubes replaced for $59 + the cost of shipping to them. Shipping it back to you is included in the price. Trijicon is a great company!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Human eyes see yellow better than green

If you are looking at Trijicon sights, they offer three different colors, green, yellow and orange. The green is their brightest, and always the one recommended for the front sight. I think you can go with all three green (which is what I did when I first purchased them for my Gen 3 Glock), but that takes an additional second or two to line up the sights in a dark environment. You have to move the pistol left & right slightly to ID the front sight. When I had the tritium tubes replaced ($59), I went with green front and yellow rear. This makes the sights really quick to acquire.

Yellow is close, but not quite as bright as the green, and the orange is another step down in brightness.

The green and yellow have 10-year warranties, while the orange only has a 5-year warranty. (another reason I chose yellow rear)

I think the original tritium inserts were still functional up until ~12 years, but they were really dim by 15 years. The initial price was $150-180, but as I stated above, you can ship your slide to Trijicon and have the tritium tubes replaced for $59 + the cost of shipping to them. Shipping it back to you is included in the price. Trijicon is a great company!
Years ago when I was on the Fire Department we started buying Lime Green or Chartreuse colored fire engines instead of the Red-colored ones. Lime Green or Bright yellow was easier to see at night for the human eyes.

So is Chartreuse a Green or Yellow Color?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts