Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trijicon's website lists the P99, but doesn't specify P99c and I'm not sure if there is a difference anyway.

XS offers a Big Dot or Standard Dot for Walther 99, doesn't specify Compact but it's probably the same, anybody know?

What other NS are there to choose from for my P99c? I figure a carry weapon needs NS. Thanks all.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Mepro makes a set for both the p99 and p99c and each has a different part number so I think its possible they aren't indentical. I've never actually tried to compare though.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Do a search on the forum... not too long ago I listed most options.......
Besides Earl's metal sights with trijicon vials.....
mepro
trijicon
Bigdots (also S&W sells those I think... so you might see if they install those and price)
and you can do PT nightsights .... were they insert vials in your original sights... this way no worries about a different sight picture and I have heard some good reports on their work, price (A+) and turnaround time http://www.ptnightsights.com/

·
Registered
31 Posts
<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/Meprolight-Tritium-Night-Sight-set4-Walther-P99-COMPACT_W0QQitemZ130055411872QQihZ003QQcat
egoryZ36258QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">Metros for compact on ebay</a>

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info uncut.

I prefer a vertical dot-the-i sight system if I can get it, but I know Heinies aren't available for P99s.

At this point I'm waiting to hear from PT nightsights since it looks like they do a tritium bar-dot according to their website.

Also considering the XS Big Dot or Standard Dot. This looks like a fast system, and this will be on a P99c carried often so I think it'd work fine. Not as precise as 3-dot, but good for a defensive pistol and a quick COM hit at 10 yards or less.

·
Registered
144 Posts
PT/MMC night sights are decent, I have good experience with them.
In 2002 I had a front sight made to a specified height for the full size QA, I believed back then PT was under the old management. Over the years I noticed the luminosity decreased, I wrote to them in 2005 and got the lamp replaced, all free. The new lamp is very bright.
Today I received the slide of the QA Compact back, this time is a whole set installed. The lamps are bright and the white vials are sharp for target acquisition.
The PT night sights are all carved "P-T H3", which I believe H3 is their way of representing tritium sights.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
FWIW,
I had a set of XS Big Dots on my compact and then switched them with a set of Meps that I had on my full size. I had no trouble changing them out...same with my red fiber optics.
Are they different? I don't know?

Trijicon may be diffenet but I don't see how. If one set from any company fits both compact and full size I don't see how another company can make them different?

It wouldn't surprise me that it is just a marketing ploy by the manufacturers. Anyway my sights fit all of my pistols so go figure?
Jk Strr

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
the only difference that I might think of is heigth of the front sight.....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jake Starr - Did you not care for the XS Big Dots?

I'd hate to roll the dice on 'em and hate them as they're pretty expensive. Like $50 more than Meps or Trijicon anyway.

I e-mailed PT and they said they don't do a bar-dot for the P99...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts