Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone -

To start, i've read a TON of posts via the search feature... but i'll ask, just in case anyone has new feedback. I had Ameriglo night sights on my Glock 19, and miss night sights on my P99. As to debates on target sights vs tritium - i've had both, and prefer tritium.

I'm evaluating Meps ($68) vs Earls ($129). While price is a consideration to me, i look at it like this: my gun is my protection, and the protection of those I love. If the value/performance is worth double, I will pay double for the best. $60 is nothing, if it's actually offering value.

So my initial impressions:

Earl's are twice the price of Meps, but i dont mind supporting an independent businessman. The profile is better, but i've heard Meps are brighter. Earls apparently has easier install.

Meps - cheaper, perhaps brighter.

I use a #3 stock sight, and am very familiar with my POA and dont wish to retrain for 1000 more rounds if i dont have to.

So, i call upon this wonderful forum for advice - which set?

thanks ;)

thorn

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have Mepro Light Tru Dot night sights. They are perfectly fine, reliable, and have taken abuse. I think Earl's might be Mepro Light from the photo, but can't tell.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I had trijicon's on my sig and hated them compared to the mepros on my walther. The mepros had a larger more visible white ring around them. They also installed without any problems at all.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I suggest you do a search under sights as there is further information to be had. To summarize though, I have had both Earl's and Meprolights and despite the additional cost, I would take Earl's in a heartbeat. 'Effortless instal being the primary reason. Both of my Meprolights required quite a bit of fitting (it's hit or miss with the Mepros and the P99), not so with Earl's and if you don't know what you're doing, you have a golden opportunity to screw up. I am a big fan of Meprolights, have them on my other guns, but for the P99, I say Earl's. Your call.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just installed a set of Meps on my first gen P99 .40 last month. I really love them, I think they are better than the factory ones that came on my SW990L .45. Only issue I had was tightening up the front sight. I installed a tiny lock washer and that did the trick.

I went with the Meprolights after having them on my Kimber CDP.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I use meps because of the value, I have installed 3 and have had to stone each one down a little to get it to slide into the dovetail. A simple 2 minute procedure. But if you want quality and are willing to spend the money, go with the Earl's.

·
Registered
7 Posts
All:
I have the Meprolights on my P99 QA. No problem fitting them in at all. I did go ahead and buy the Meprolight front sight tool for the P99 for about $16. Much better than the little alluminum one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Which One Do You Get

I have a P99 QA and want some meps sights but dont know which ones to get can any one help me Ive been looking for sights that fit all day!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the Meprolight on mine, which I like. I've never used the Earls so I can't comment. I also use Meprolights on my others so they are all the same.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts