Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is probably the most-addressed issue on the forum, but I haven't found what I need using searches.

I'm wondering if anyone can confirm that the height of the Meprolight PPQ/P99 rear sight is in fact 0.335". We've been messing with my wife's PPQ, since the Mep set number 18801 didn't work. Her PPQ shoots to the POI she wants with the Mep rear and a Dawson 0.180" front that I had available after changing my P99 sights. So, if 0.335" is in fact the measurement of the Mep rear, then I know that I need to buy Dawson's 0.330" rear to get the same POI but with a better sight picture (the Mep's dots are much bigger and bolder than Dawson's, which is a bad thing when they're on the rear sight).

It's just been enough hassle that I want to make sure I actually order the right thing from Dawson. Then we'll know what her guns need whenever we get more in the future, and won't have to do this again.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For some reason, I hadn't thought of that. I don't know if they'll know a different manufacturer's measurements, but you know I actually wouldn't put it past them.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help OF, much appreciated! Hopefully now we get this pistol shooting where it's pointed and I can move on to saving for a second P99.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts