Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my Mepro's yesterday from Botach Tactical but the rear sight moves under normal finger pressure. I can actually push the sight out using only my fingers. Is there something I can do to remedy this?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Stomp! Hehe, just kidding!

Locktite is great stuff and I use it a lot. Probably is what I'd do to fix it, but I'm wondering why they are lose in the first place. Is it just a sloppy fit that any and all Mepro's do, or did marshallartist just get a bad set?

I'd do the locktite thing, after I contacted Mepro, and if Mepro say's that they are normal then Locktite those baby's after you get them set where you think they should be!

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Return them- The sights shouldn't do that. -Mepro's are half the price of Trijicon for a reason, well two reasons... 1) Shorter life span. 2) QC that isn't what it should be.

It was a while ago but I remember hearing about a rear sight from Meps that was actually too thick to slide into position and the customer service people at Meprolights advised the individual to grind on the slide. Wrong Answer. -The slide is numbered and part of a $500 gun, while the sights are about $50 and are not tied to the gun as an original, numbered part. If I have to permanently alter one, it's going to be the $50, unnumbered part.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts