Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have started shooting my PPK/S.22, nickel; I enjoy it immensely. Upon cleaning I noticed that some of the nickel in the mag well is missing; it is in the corners/crooks. I did not notice this before shooting it the first time. I suspect this is caused by abrasion between the steel mag and the mag well.

Does anyone else notice this in their nickel pistol?

I am trying to figure out if this was a minor plating defect that I did not notice prior to cleaning, or whether this is the result of magazine insertion and removal.

Thank you.

p.s. This is a fantastic pistol; those that criticize it do not really know of that which they speak.

·
Registered
638 Posts
This is a fantastic pistol; those that criticize it do not really know of that which they speak.
After many many rounds, and two trips back to Walther for ammo related repairs, I agree 100%. Feels good in the hand, accurate, fun. I like my P22 also, but the PPK/S has a much better feel, and to me, more accurate. I use mainly CCI Mini Mags and Remington GB’s.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The more I look at these areas of missing nickel, I am pretty sure that they are the result of friction between the mag well walls and the magazine. I am surprised, however, at how quickly it happened (the pistol is still new.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts