Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Local dealer has a P5, says NIB and looks it, matching target, box. However it has those sweet Nill grips on it. Did P5's ever come from the factory that way, or do you think they must be an add on. Thanks as always.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I believe they were available new with with checkered, non-thumbrest wood grips. I do not believe that the stippled grips came on new guns, but I could be wrong.

How much is this little item?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, the asking price is $950. I'm thinking more like $800? The Nill grips have the thumbrest which has me wondering. The rest is a LNIB package.

·
Registered
38 Posts
$950 with Nills isn't a great deal, but it isn't ridiculous, either. If it is LNIB, then I would think up to about $700 -$800 would be reasonable for the gun with standard grips. Nills are worth $80-$125, so I would think you would be doing okay from $800 - $900. You could sell the Nills if they aren't to your liking. I think the thumbrest grips may be less desireable than standard Nills though, so they may bring a bit less.

Good luck.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I wasn't quite sure how to price my LNIB P5. I chose 950.00 because the Nill grips are about 142.50, and yes, the ones without thumb rests are much superior IMHO. Factory mags are not easy to find and with two extra I figured 120.00 placing gun with standard grips and 2 mags at under 700.00. Thanks, Greg

·
Registered
38 Posts
Oops, I hadn't realized we were talking about a gun someone had posted here or on another board. It is none of my business what you price your gun at, and I have no criticism. I thought we were talking about "some" gun in some shop somewhere, otherwise, I would not have commented.

As far as I am concerned, an out-of-production, high quality gun is worth exactly the price at which you are willing to sell and someone else is willing to buy.

Certainly, extra magazines add value as well.

My apologies.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No apologies necessary JDW. You are correct. My original post dealt with a P5 I noticed in a local store. Then the other fellow merely chimed in with his information. You made no error. And thanks very much for the update.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I hope you bouhgt it! It is a wonderful gun!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts