Walther Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time poster, been lurking and learning for a while. Thanks for all the info.

My NIB P99c QA is on its way to my local FFL. This will be the first gun I've owned. Decided to buy one for home protection. I have virtually no experience handling handguns, and my wife has not touched one in years (although her experience with DA revolvers was a factor in the choice of QA.) We are not recreational shooters, and do not anticipate becoming recreational shooters. We intend to practice enough to be fairly confident that we will not make holes in ourselves, and certain that we can hit a torso-sized at 15 feet.

I hope we can accomplish this level of proficiency with a couple hundred rounds apiece over a couple weeks, and then a trip to the range every 2-3 months.

If this all works out, the break-in period could be years! I'm thinking of paying a gunsmith to do the QA trigger "un-suck" job upfront so our practice time will be with a smooth trigger. Any reasons not to do this?

TIA

utahjim

·
Registered
536 Posts
I hope we can accomplish this level of proficiency with a couple hundred rounds apiece over a couple weeks, and then a trip to the range every 2-3 months.
I'd suggest doing a couple hundred, then another hundred every couple of weeks. for a month or 2.... hit 500-600 rounds in the first couple of months.

thorn

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
It would be silly to have someone do anything to the trigger. Just shoot it. And, Ddry fire it to. U will have to recock it by pulling the slide back a 1/2" or so after each time.

I dry fired the SW99 (p99 clone) to smooth out the trigger when I got it.

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Jim
send me a PM.... I am in Utah and can help you guys out if you would like to. We also got 12 indoor lanes.
I might not be able to do the "trigger job" but we do have a Smith that could do it for you....
Also we have a guy here that does one on one (or for both of you) classes if you would be interested in that.
I am near Ogden.... but frequently go to SLC too if you should be down there.

Oliver

1 - 6 of 6 Posts