Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My other thread wasn't getting too much attention for this detail. I've definitely decided on the P99, but only if my college-student bank account can afford it, haha! I really want to order a new P99. I know prices have gone up in current due to importing problems.

Is it possible to scoop up a new one for less than $600? That's my absolute limit, and I can't see going over that price.

What did you all pay for your P99's when you first got them? (If I may be so inclined to ask.)

Any help would be great. I hope to order one in next week! Woo!

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Mid to high $500's is what I've seen, depending on caliber and trigger availability.

You might also want to check on GunsAmerica.com and GunBroker.com as well as CDNN Investments IF you have a good local FFL that will take transfers for you for a reasonable fee.

HTH,
Jeff

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, that's definitely the price range I'm looking for.

Yes, btw, I'm looking for a P99AS in 9mm.

Any other opinions?

·
Registered
328 Posts
$525.00 is an excellent price on a NEW P99
My cost is right about that with inbound shipping

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow. So far, out of the two places I've been, they've quoted around $620. This is with me trying to bring them down. They look at me like I'm insane for wanting it around $525-$550. Jeez.

Guess I'll have to buy online and have it transferred.

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Well, $525 is tough to find, although right when the A/S was first discontinued, the prices temprarily came down. I got my compact A/S for $515.

I have seen places tell me they may be able to get me one for $600, but that is too much. I won't go over $575 tops.

·
Registered
328 Posts
$575.00 is a good price.
I could sell them at that all day and live with the margin.
In fact I could probably beat it by a few bucks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
shit...........prices have gone up.  was looking in an old cdnn catalog and they had them for 300 and something

·
Registered
525 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (alex @ May 21 2006,5:13)]shit...........prices have gone up.  was looking in an old cdnn catalog and they had them for 300 and something
Those were DAO's though which aren't too popular.

·
Registered
328 Posts
CDNN sells close outs and discontinued models.
They buy up New Old Stock that has been sitting or old models left over when new models are introduced.

They very rarely sell new current production.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just wanted to reply, as I'm psyched. My permit was approved today, so now I just have to purchase my Walther. My local FFL holders do transfers from 20-30 bucks, so it'd be pointless to buy online. They said they want $600 for a new P99AS. Hopefully I can talk them down to at least $575-580. That's my goal.

Tommorow is the day! WOO!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Got mine an A/S this week from my regular dealer, had one brand new in the showcase & gave it to me for $500, I even sent away for the free mag & loader from Walther.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts