Walther Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been searching for a P5 for the last few days
I found one I like on Gunbroker and then I did a google for mags to see if I could find some cheap ones
Well I ran across this
NIB for $705 (with shipping).... can it be possile....
hard to decide Gunbroker LNIB from a guy who is selling his passed away dads collection (with nothing but good ratings) or from a site I never heard of before

Anybody dealt with Checkpointcharlies before ??
any input?

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it's too late
I just won the bid on the P5 on gunbroker..... newer than the one from Checkpoint charlies (10 years.. the one I got is a KC with serial # above 100.000)... and from a passed away gentleman....
now it's the long wait to see how the gun turns out to be when I look at it right in the sunlight......instead of pictures

jgilbertson..... thank you so much,,, I will add that link my my favorites.... due to the PP's they have.... I thought I might buy a new one from Earl's but for that money I get on of theirs and have it hardchromed if it does't look to my likings....
I just got some nice grips from CDNN for the PP.. PPK/s.... so nothing is set in stone,,, I just loved those "Zebra" grips they had with the Walther logo on them....

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Happy to oblige. I'm sure you'll be more than happy with the NIB one you won though.

I've had good luck in getting some of these police trade-in's, replacing all springs, getting it re-blued, and then you have a nice piece for still less money than some of the NIB pistols.

Regards,
Jeff

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
$705 is an incredible price for NIB. Best I came across was 850 not shipped.

I bought an SOG "hand picked", and though it was a good deal, it had alot of holster wear. The holsters the German border patrol used have leather inserts that rubbed the hell out of the top of the slide.

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The serial # on the gun from Checkpoint charlies was I think either in the 40.000 or 70.000 I am not sure anymore...

link to the NIB from Checkpoint charlies.... and he said there is  only 1 left

all I knew was that I after I called again he said that some older gentleman brought them in (2)...so they had a previous owner.. he said they still were in the original wrappers and looked like not ever been fired

but I had talked to the guy on gunbroker back and forth and had seen pics of that P5....afterall $665 shipped for a LNIB and the extra mag still in wrapper is a good deal.. with test-target and matching box.......
anyhow... I wouldn't mind a P5 police trade in.... but I took the chance to have one in better condition for almost the same amount as some of the Police trade-ins auction on Gunbroker

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was curious about the serial number because I have noticed that for the guns usually available on the market in the U.S. there are some big gaps in serial numbers, that I assum e are due to police contracts and the like. I find it mildly interesting to monitor this. Nothing formal, though.

I think you got a good deal. The used police guns are a bargain, but there is something about a new or almost new gun that is often worth the extra money. If I were going to have one P5, I would certainly look for the kind of purchase you made.

Let's hear how you like it after it arrives.

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JDW
I am counting the days

and I sure will let you all know....I am sure I like it as long as it is as described by the seller

1 - 9 of 9 Posts