Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just so everyone knows these are out there. I didn't know someone was making one piece Walther PPK grips that look very, very good and very, very original.

Could be great for anyone who needs to make a Walther look a little better.

Could be horrible for someone paying big bucks for a gun that is "faked" with replacement grips.

http://cgi.ebay.com/WWII-GERMAN-BAK...ryZ39425QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
8 Posts
I looked at those and am thinking about getting a set. When I checked out the sellers other items he had WWII resting bars. Does anyone know what a resting bar is?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Morning,
If you are unsure about the one pc. pre-46 grips, always ask if there's a metal insert inside grips @ bottom? This has not been added to re-po's because of cost! Not yet anyway???
Dale

·
Registered
529 Posts
I looked at those and am thinking about getting a set. When I checked out the sellers other items he had WWII resting bars. Does anyone know what a resting bar is?
Pre 1945 Walther PPK grips have small tabs that are part of the grips that are under the leading edge of the grips and "lock" into the frame behind the inside of the front of the frame. As Perf Marine KY stated, they also have a steel insert around the back area of the inside of the grip.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I am thinking about getting a set, I saw them also. My 1942 PPK is reblued and has no collector value anyhow and currently has post war two piece black grips. The only problem is I will also have to find a repro finger extenstion for the mag in brown. The originals sell for too much for my gun.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
banddr2, if you get them, let us know (pics!) how they are. Maybe ask the seller if he has the finger extensions too. Whatever process he used to make the grips should be even easier for the mag extensions....

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
banddr2, if you get them, let us know (pics!) how they are. Maybe ask the seller if he has the finger extensions too. Whatever process he used to make the grips should be even easier for the mag extensions....
I sent him a question, will let you know if I find out anything.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Guys he most likely will not have the ext. for mags. he would have to a-fix plastic base to the metal base , in short to much labor & cost for repo.????

BUT MAYBE ???? Try to find an early Manurhin mag.base, close as you can get to pre-46 in color!

Dale

1 - 8 of 8 Posts