Walther Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a PK380 from my favorite LGS for the wife this evening. The KelTec P11 wasn't working out, and I wasn't about to tell her to rough it. She's already in love with being able to field strip, rack the slide, and load the magazines with no troubles. (The P11 requires a bit more "oomph" you could say.)

We'll put it to the test tomorrow with at least 150 rounds, and hopefully put this "bad gun" rap to rest. (At least in our minds.)

The only .380 ammo we could come across was Rem HP though. I'm not to thrilled about that since I've read these guys don't like HP ammo. Though, these bullets are a bit longer than the Pow'r Ball which seemed to be the com-denom in most cases.

At any rate, I'll report our findings tomorrow! We're both pretty excited to break the new baby in.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My gf has a pk380 which she doesn't like but I enjoy shooting (she doesn't shoot well with it, I do). Never had any problems when I shot it, but she's had some ftf's. I attribute nthay to her limp wristing though.

The reduced spring weight was very positive for her as well.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
200 rounds down range today, I was only able to pry the new pistol out from my wife's happy little hands for two mags worth, but was grinning after the first shot. Her impression superseded mine, as she was able to put the remaining 184 rounds perfectly on paper, shot after shot.

ZERO... Z-E-R-O issues with this gun today, and we even fed it 100 rounds of Rem HPs.

Date code is "BD," Serial starts with "WB."

Ammo used was TUL, Monarch, and RemHP.

Were both very excited that today went off without a hitch, especially after all the bad reviews of this pistol. Maybe y'all need to stop limp wristing it so much? (J/K) XP

·
Registered
384 Posts
Thomas just confirmed for all to see:
A pk380 in good working order will not jam from a weak hold.

(Thomas also kept the muzzle downrange.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.