Walther Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm not a Newbie to handguns but I am new to the Walther P99. I picked mine up today (.40 cal, full-size) and look forward to getting to the range. Once I figure out which size front sight works best I'll be putting a set of Mep's from Arizona gunner on it.

Anyone have a reccomendation for a holster? I'm thinking Sidearmor IWB or Comp-tac C-Tac.

Later?

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
I like Comp-Tac's C-T.A.C. for a concealed Kydex holster. It takes a little bit of manipulation to figure out what works best for you, but it's nice that the cant is adjustable. I wish that Comp-Tac would make some IWB mag carriers to go along with it...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input guys. I found a Blackhawk CQC on the Trading Post Forum here so I figured I'd give it a try. There's also a guy on the GlockTalk classifieds selling a used SideArmor IWB that I may try to pick up if the price is right.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've never tried a kydex IWB; it seems pretty uncomfortable. Is that the case? I like the look of the SideArmor holster. What's a link for the CompTac holsters?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hit the range on my lunch hour today and put 50 rounds of Winchester "T" series 165gr through it. My initial impression is "HOLY $#!%". This thing more accurate and shoots better than my USP. It's also head and shoulders above the glocks I've owned in the past. The only weapon I have owned that might beat it in accuracy and shootability is my Springfield Custom Loaded Champion 1911-A1 which cost about 1.5 times as much as the P99. I've definitely got a keeper.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Good to hear you had such a pleasant intro to your new gun MA. My P99 is my first hand gun and so far I've been pretty happy with my ability to put lead through paper. I thought it was my skillz (and class I took) but maybe it's the gun

·
Registered
310 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BreakerDave @ Feb. 16 2005,3:33)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (nyarlotep @ Feb. 16 2005,3:00)]What's a link for the CompTac holsters?
You're really not trying, are you?  

http://www.comp-tac.com/

-It'll come up as your first result on a Google search.

Stop that...you're just feeding his habit. It's like pouring a drink for an alcoholic!!

By the way, here's a link to a great Ruger forum post with just about every holster link you can think of!

http://www.rugerforum.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/004531.html

Drink up!!  

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the info guys. I've got a Sidearmor IWB and a Blackhawk leather inside-the-pants on the way. I found a great deal on both used so I thought I'd give both a try.

Have any of you guys ever "missed" the trigger reset? I went back to the range today and noticed that a couple of times I didn't feel the "click" when the trigger reset. Maybe I'm just not paying enough attention?

·
Registered
471 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (marshallartist @ Feb. 23 2005,1:31)]Have any of you guys ever "missed" the trigger reset?  I went back to the range today and noticed that a couple of times I didn't feel the "click" when the trigger reset.  Maybe I'm just not paying enough attention?
Triggers feel either good or bad to me when I dry fire them... When I shoot them, I either can hit good or bad... The strange thing is, how the trigger feels to me when I dry fire, has NO bearing on how well I can hit with the gun

Same is true with the reset, I very seldom even notice it when I'm shooting, unless I've got it sand bagged or doing some sort of slow shooting... If the gun doesnt go "bang", then you need to pay attention to your reset. Personally, I think the front sight is what needs the attention...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Nocturnal @ Feb. 23 2005,1:48)]You got a used 'inside-the-pants' holster? Let's hope the previous owner knew a thing or two about hygene :)
It's Kydex so I figure I can scrub it down with some bleech or put it in the dishwasher to get it clean.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts