Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks! New to the Walther Forums as I have recently ordered a P99c QA in 9mm. I have some questions I'm hoping could be answered.

It appears, based on Lunde's FAQ on the P99c, that it can be had with a traditional slide release, or an ambidextrous slide release, as seen here.

I haven't seen anything that shows different part numbers for a P99c with the traditional vs. ambi slide release. I want one with the ambi slide release. How do I go about securing that feature?

Also, I like modifying things (cars, guns, etc.) to make them suit my tastes better. Are there any upgrades, trigger jobs, gunsmiths specializing in the P99, special backstraps, etc. for the P99c?

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Despite what that page says - U will not find an ambi slide release in America except for the P99 DAO model - which is gonna be hard, if not impossible to find. Sorry. No ambi release on QA or A/S models in the US.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that blows. I'm curious if there's a reason why? Do you know if it's possible to retrofit the ambi slide release (I realize the slide would need to be modified)?

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
It is not possibel to retrofit ....
look at the pictures closely.. the frame is recessed for the ambi slide release
I know some are tiered of hearing this... but if that is what you are looking for the only person I am aware of might be Earl's repair service...but don't hold your breath... I have yet to see one with the Ambi slide release in the US
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=68737834
even this P99DAO is with the regular slide release.....

·
Registered
358 Posts
If your left handed, as I am you shouldn't have any issues getting to the slide release. Its very user friendly, much like the large HK's.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If your left handed, as I am you shouldn't have any issues getting to the slide release. Its very user friendly, much like the large HK's.
And it's not really a slide release anyway... it's a slide lock. Better to just pull the slide back after a reload.

·
Registered
525 Posts
And it's not really a slide release anyway... it's a slide lock. Better to just pull the slide back after a reload.
Where did this myth come from and how do we kill it? Use it however you like. The owners manual for the gun tells you to push down on the slide stop to load the gun. Either way works just fine. Don't make people think something the owners manual tells them to do is a bad practice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts