Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I thought id join the fun and pick up a (black) p99QA. I bought it from a buddy that bought it new 4 days ago, he only ran 200 rounds threw it. I guess he didnt like it so he bought a steyr M9....

Im also curious if I got everything that usually comes with the package... Total of:: 2 mags, 3 grips,4 sights w/1 allen wrench

Thanks guys, and the forum looks to be great!!  

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry, one more thing, Is my p99 made in Germany? I dont get it, im a little confised.. Ive read a little about that some p99s are S&W and some are true Germany made? What is mine? and are there any disadvantages of the newer style p99's like mine? I did look at the markings under the slide and it says "AF" so I beleve its was made in 2005? Can you guys please enlighten me here, tell me pros and cons? I hope mine isnt one of those p99's that the bottom of the mags break off.. I did read the Walther FAQ's but still am confused, so can you please walk me through this??

Thanks again...

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Yeah you got a great deal. Either your friend really likes you or has some serious problems because he let a very good gun go for a very good price.

Your's is all German made. Can tell by the markings.

Good purchase. Great gun. Have fun and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea I dont get it, my buddy runs through guns like water. He has been though soooooo many in the last year. He turns around and sells them back to the gunshops a week later for $250 or $300, I told him "duuude!!! sell them to me man" so in the past week Ive picked up a mint G26 and this mint walther p99QA for $300 each!!!! Brand spanking new pretty much, I live in Nevada where no background checks or FFLs are need for private party sales.. He just bought a styer M9 and is going to pick up a duplicate today, so he will have two of the same gun.. lol I guess ill have a styer M9 here pretty soon... LOL .. This is all going to probably break my bank account but damn!!! how in the hell can I pass these prices up???

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
That's a pretty good deal.

S&W imports the Walthers into America - thats why their markings are on the gun. It is a German madeone, though. The Smith version looks different (I have both)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts