Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie to this site, getting back into firearms after having sold mine many years ago. I've been searching for a .22 LR and am considering purchasing a Walther PPQ 22 4" pistol. Is it a single or double action firearm? I've gotten and seen some contradicting information. A clarification would be most appreciated. Also, I noticed one online dealer will sell this model, but will ship it without the 12+ mag. Does that mean that I'll have to buy the mag separately or will it typically ship separately? Great site!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Are you sure with your decision? I'm owning the PPQ M2 .22 5", which (I had to learn later) is made by Umarex in Arnsberg (and not Walther in Ulm) and so is the quality: regularly problems with feeding the next round or extraction of the empty shell and much more spread on target than my 9 mm Q5 Match!
Sorry for my English, I hope you'll understand what I want to say!
The iron sights aren't perfect, too. The back sight has a movable inlet which is forced up by a little spring and limited by an height adjustment screw. But if you'll ever touch it by accident, there's a chance to move it a bit to the left or right or out of level.

But you didn't asked for, so the other question: IDK.
After inserting the mag you'll have to pull the slide to load the first round into the chamber. And while pulling the slide, the internal hammer will be cocked automatically.
When you shoot, after every shot the slide will recoil and recock the internal hammer. You'll have no chance to cock the hammer manually, than pulling the slide.
The trigger force is the same for every first, second... last shot.
So it's no single action, where you would have to cock the hammer extra before pulling the trigger to shoot.
And it's no double action, where you pull the trigger with more force to cock the hammer before the first shot.
I think it's similar like so called striker fire pistols like Glocks. Maybe someone may like to correct me.

You should get the pistol with 12× mag in a plastic gun case.
As you can see here 510.01.00 » PPQ M2 4'' .22 l.r. the 12× mag is marked with a * as already included under accessories.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you sure with your decision? I'm owning the PPQ M2 .22 5", which (I had to learn later) is made by Umarex in Arnsberg (and not Walther in Ulm) and so is the quality: regularly problems with feeding the next round or extraction of the empty shell and much more spread on target than my 9 mm Q5 Match!
Sorry for my English, I hope you'll understand what I want to say!
The iron sights aren't perfect, too. The back sight has a movable inlet which is forced up by a little spring and limited by an height adjustment screw. But if you'll ever touch it by accident, there's a chance to move it a bit to the left or right or out of level.

But you didn't asked for, so the other question: IDK.
After inserting the mag you'll have to pull the slide to load the first round into the chamber. And while pulling the slide, the internal hammer will be cocked automatically.
When you shoot, after every shot the slide will recoil and recock the internal hammer. You'll have no chance to cock the hammer manually, than pulling the slide.
The trigger force is the same for every first, second... last shot.
So it's no single action, where you would have to cock the hammer extra before pulling the trigger to shoot.
And it's no double action, where you pull the trigger with more force to cock the hammer before the first shot.
I think it's similar like so called striker fire pistols like Glocks. Maybe someone may like to correct me.

You should get the pistol with 12× mag in a plastic gun case.
As you can see here 510.01.00 » PPQ M2 4'' .22 l.r. the 12× mag is marked with a * as already included under accessories.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk
Michas:
Viele dank fur deine antwort. Your English is far better than my German! I worked for the US division of Siemens, Erlangen for 20 years. You gave me some additional information to consider before I make a purchase. Bleib gesund!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Some dealers will remove the mags if you live in a state with capacity restrictions. If you don't, they should ship the mags with the firearm. You should check your local laws before ordering and with the FFL you'll use to receive it..

·
Registered
159 Posts
Newbie to this site, getting back into firearms after having sold mine many years ago. I've been searching for a .22 LR and am considering purchasing a Walther PPQ 22 4" pistol. Is it a single or double action firearm? I've gotten and seen some contradicting information. A clarification would be most appreciated. Also, I noticed one online dealer will sell this model, but will ship it without the 12+ mag. Does that mean that I'll have to buy the mag separately or will it typically ship separately? Great site!
Not double action; Consistent trigger action from first to second shot.
Different stores will offer it with different capacity magazines. Depends on the state, as some states limit handguns to only 10 rounds. I would think that if the dealer you noted would not ship with the 12 round magazines, they would ship it with the 10 round magazines. That would be a good thing to confirm with the dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts