Walther Forums banner

Newbie Question

3K views 26 replies 9 participants last post by  Hal8000 
#1 ·
I just bought a new P99 QA and was wondering if there is anything I should know that is not included in the manual.

#2 ·
Keep it clean, always "wet". Treat it right and she will treat you right in return. Everything is straight forward. If your using it for a CCW then pick up some Meprolight Night Sights. Worth every cent.

Flip though the forums, lots of good info and people here.

Welcome to Walther forums!!!

#3 ·
Everything is pretty straight forward. Remember, when U clean the barrel, make sure you pass a dry patch thru the barrel afterwards. U don't want oil pooled in the barrel because it can seap into the bullet that sits in the chamber if you leave it loaded a while.

After I clean mine, I reoil the rails with a toothbrush about 1x a month (assuming, I didn't recenty shoot it).

#4 ·
Yea there is something you should know....
Don't go looking for a 12 step programm... there isn't one.. once you got a P99 there will be more...
Jokes aside.... enjoy the P99 she will treat you right......

Oliver

#10 ·
Jake I wish you were closer to me
I would meet up, and let you shoot my G22....
for the $$$ you can't beat it I think,,, and CDNN still go them

oh and I'd let you shoot the P38 too and the P7M8

#12 ·
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]A Freudian slip there uncut? Hmmmm?
Alright now don't go and muddy up waters and the good name and reputation of this forum. I have established a few good friendships as a result of this board and now when I travel from East to West coast I have friends that I can meet. We can shoot both pistols and the bull. Maybe even enjoy a beer and a fine cigar.

P.S. I know that you were joking. I am not that uptight. Come to Knob Creek KY for the machine gun shoot. I will buy you a drink.

#14 ·
Well to tell you all the truth.....
Whatever Hal8000 is talking about is going over my head and bouncing in the room....
damn Foreigners is all I can say at this time... but hey I at least try by best to write and speak this language  

Whatever the pun was... i missed it hahhahahha

And whatever I think I can make out of it.....jokes are good... now get your asses out to Utah, I won't just buy you one drink... but get you drunk
hahahaaahha
* edit.... did I mention that I hardly drink (no beer at all)

#17 ·
You are right about foreigners. Each time I go to Eastern Europe and try to tell a joke or say something witty they just stare at me. Something must get lost in the translation or it is a cultural barrier.

Now I am planning on making a trip out West next year. My wife and I need to visit the Black Hills again and we have yet to see Utah. See you and that P7 too.

A German who doesn't drink beer? I don't think I have meet one of them yet but coffee is just fine. That and some fine German chocolate.

#18 ·
I get most jokes and puns....
and if somebody would give me a hint I might get it faster maybe... I can only Imagine what he was reffering to ... but humm never mind

and Jake.... you got a open invitation

#19 ·
[b said:
Quote[/b] (uncut @ Sep. 08 2006,7:29)]I get most jokes and puns....
and if somebody would give me a hint I might get it faster maybe... I can only Imagine what he was reffering to ... but humm never mind

and Jake.... you got a open invitation
The only think I can get out of it is that he assumed you were talking about a Glock 22 - a G22. Otherwise, I do not know...

#22 ·
I do not and will not in the near future own a Glock

that is I guess till they make a Da/Sa Glock.....
I was talking about the Walther G22 .22lr rifle....

but I know that is not what Hal8000 was talking about...

but it's all gooooooood

#23 ·
[b said:
Quote[/b] (uncut @ Sep. 08 2006,4:11)]I do not and will not in the near future own a Glock  

that is I guess till they make a Da/Sa Glock.....
I was talking about the Walther G22 .22lr rifle....

but I know that is not what Hal8000 was talking about...

but it's all gooooooood
That was the only think I could think of, otherwise it made no sense...

I have a Glock 34 - Only Glock I like out of all of them. But, the P99 is my fav

#24 ·
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jake Starr @ Sep. 08 2006,9:00)]Hal8000,
Now I don't know who I should worry about, the two of us or the two of them.  
You got that right! Hehe....

My mind was not on rifles at all. I'd forgotten about the Walther G22 totally.... I don't think G**** even makes a .22, does it? I really don't bother to separate out what G**** does any way....
Uncut, I simply thought you had typed a G instead of a P, that's all it was... I was just pocking a little fun at the slip, when all along it was MY mind that had slipped... Imagine that! Old age is catching up! Crap! Growing old has some draw backs I suppose, but as a funeral director friend of mine once said, considering the alternative, growing old ain't so bad!

Sorry for the confusion and the 2 pages of "thread hijack"....

#26 ·
Hal8000
I think once in a while it is ok to "highjack" a thread
It doesn't happen often... and whth the G22 we kinda dind't go too far from the P99 huh

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.