Walther Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I'm a retired cop in a semi-rural area northeast of Kansas City, MO, and am very happy to have found this forum. I've never owned a Walther, but have been lusting for a TPH in .22 for several years; however, I was reluctant to write the check for one sight-unseen. Anyway, last Saturday I went to a large LGS just for something to do and to window shop. The shelves were somewhat bare due to current events, which was highly unusual for this store. As I was browsing the display cases, what did I spy? A LNIB Interarms TPH (.22 stainless) that they had just taken in on trade. It only came with one mag, but I thought the price was reasonable given its condition so I brought it home. I haven't disassembled it yet, but I'll probably give it the Eezox treatment, which is what I use on my Seecamps.

I'm very happy to be here, and thanks for the forum!

·
Premium Member
8,669 Posts
Welcome to the Forums.
The TPH can be a sweetheart! Some of the Rangers were problematic at times but unless "bubba" got a hold of them you could usually sort them out.
Why not post some images and a range report when you have time.
BTW if you run into issues Forums member pilkguns has forgotten more about the TPH than most of us ever knew.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the Forums.
The TPH can be a sweetheart! Some of the Rangers were problematic at times but unless "bubba" got a hold of them you could usually sort them out.
BTW if you run into issues Forums member pilkguns has forgotten more about the TPH than most of us ever knew.
Thanks! I'll know more when I field strip it, but I'm not so sure this gun has ever been fired except at the factory.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have a faux TPH I bought many years ago. Probably Erma made and imported by Iver Johnson. More PPK shape and TPH size. I'm not much for the itty-bitty guns but I've kept it around for decades.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a faux TPH I bought many years ago. Probably Erma made and imported by Iver Johnson. More PPK shape and TPH size. I'm not much for the itty-bitty guns but I've kept it around for decades.
After carrying Glock G22's and other large guns for decades, I've really become a fan of pocket guns. My EDC is a Kahr CW380, but I live in a semi-rural, basically crime-free area, and seldom venture too far from home. Should I have to travel to a dicey area near the big city, I have a Sig P365 that basically serves as my nightstand gun.

I hate to mention it in the same thread as your Iver Johnson or the TPH, but I bought a Jennings J22 back in the early 80's, just because I thought it was cool...looked like a tiny PPK sorta. It was chrome with wood grips. I put one magazine through it, cleaned it up and put it away...didn't touch it again for 25 years! When I finally remembered that I had it, I did some research and learned that some people actually collect those little things. I put it on Armslist, LNIB with original papers, and quickly sold it for twice what I'd paid for it. The buyer acted like he'd struck gold.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Forgot to add that I field stripped the TPH today and gave it the Eezox treatment. After careful "microscopic" examination, I really don't think it's been fired apart from factory testing. There was a tiny bit of crud in the barrel, hardly enough to see, but other than that I can't see a scratch, mark or even a smudge on it anywhere.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to the Forums.
I suck at pics, but here you go next to one of my Seecamps:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi everyone. I'm a retired cop in a semi-rural area northeast of Kansas City, MO, and am very happy to have found this forum. I've never owned a Walther, but have been lusting for a TPH in .22 for several years; however, I was reluctant to write the check for one sight-unseen. Anyway, last Saturday I went to a large LGS just for something to do and to window shop. The shelves were somewhat bare due to current events, which was highly unusual for this store. As I was browsing the display cases, what did I spy? A LNIB Interarms TPH (.22 stainless) that they had just taken in on trade. It only came with one mag, but I thought the price was reasonable given its condition so I brought it home. I haven't disassembled it yet, but I'll probably give it the Eezox treatment, which is what I use on my Seecamps.

thank you for your service sir !!!!!!

·
Read Only
21 Posts
I bought a Jennings J22 back in the early 80's, just because I thought it was cool...looked like a tiny PPK sorta. It was chrome with wood grips. I put one magazine through it, cleaned it up and put it away...didn't touch it again for 25 years! When I finally remembered that I had it, I did some research and learned that some people actually collect those little things. I put it on Armslist, LNIB with original papers, and quickly sold it for twice what I'd paid for it. The buyer acted like he'd struck gold.
Thanks for the tip! I have a chrome J22 with several mags and have been wondering what to do with it. To the market I will go...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't remember the year exactly, but I think I sold mind around 2008 - 2010 and got $110 for it with one mag. I talked to the buyer a couple of years later about another gun, and he said he'd put a couple thousand rounds through it with very few malfunctions.

·
Registered
369 Posts

Welcome from northern Indiana enjoy the conversation

·
Read Only
5,165 Posts
Howdy neighbor...I'm a little east and north of ya.

I had J22...firing it one night out in the yard to scare off a varmint of the 4 legged kind, the sumbitch "blew up" in my hand....rather, it fired out of battery and with an Aguila round...took a couple of hours to dig shrapnel out of my fingers...

I survived, so did the gun, it rests in repose in one of my safes. Never gonna be fired again. Other better, more reliable, and safer to shoot pistols around here lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You'll get no argument from me on that...I put 6 rounds through mine in 25-years, and lived to tell the tale. :p

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A lot of folks from South Carolina here, so you'll be interested in our little dog we adopted 5-years-ago. We thought she was just a cool looking mutt, but turns out she's an AKC recognized breed known as the Carolina Dog. They're the oldest pariah breed in North America, and were "officially" discovered in the 1970's living in the wild in South Carolina and parts of Georgia. She's the sweetest little dog we've ever owned, and so intelligent it's scary sometimes. We had to resort to pronouncing certain words backwards, for example park is "krap" and walk is "klaw", but that no longer works...she understands perfectly. We spell out certain other words, forwards and backwards, but she's caught on to that as well. She adores any and all people, and therefore is worthless as a watch or guard dog. However, she hates deer, squirrels, cats and any other furry creatures she happens to spot near her yard. She seriously freaks out at the sight of a deer, so I don't know what's up with that.

·
Read Only
147 Posts

Hello from a semi- rural area southwest of St. Louis. And thank you for your service.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts