Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Background:

Those of you are familiar with Shipwreck, knows he sings the praises of his Walthers on a lot forums.

I have been in the process of trying to figure out what gun I want to carry when I get my CCW in Texas. Walther has been on the end of my short list. I have dismissed it off and on when I look at the price.

Well, Shipwreck has done it to me. Now I feel I need to test-fire the Walther P99C, even though it's a little over my budget.

What's a wait of a few weeks longer if the Walther turns out to be the perfect gun for me?

I'm heading inland the weekend of August 19th, and will be in Austin. I've contacted Red's indoor shooting range, and while they handle Walthers, they have none in stock, and none to rent. The one range in Corpus Christi does not offer Walther's for rent.

The Favor:

Is there anyone out in that neck of the woods (Austin Texas Area) with a Walther P99 be willing to go shooting with me, and let me shoot their Walther?

I'm buying ammo and lunch, and I'll pay the range fee.

I can bring a Ruger Blackhawk .357 revolver and a Ruger P89 (9mm) if you would like to try either or both of these.

Respond here, or PM me if your interested, willing.

There are two Reds in Austin, I'll let you decide which one.

Of course, with the Walther P99C, maybe I should buy on looks alone.

Thanks for helping a newbie,

WM

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Hahaha... Ya gotta get 1 - I'm sorry I am a 2 hour drive from Austin - Like I said - U are welcome to try my compact and fullsize P99s if ya come to College Station. I've let a couple of people shoot it at the range here, and both really liked the compact.

The chance of finding the compact to rent is pretty slim...

Hopefully, someone can help ya out....

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm in San Antonio and you would be welcome to shoot by P99 not a compact though. It's a P99 AS in 9mm.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Marriedguy1,

Thanks for the offer.

I've connected with EddieZ, and am looking forward to meeting him and his Walther in Austin.

The great thing about these forums, is all of the folks that are so willing to help.

WM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts