Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my first Walther ppk/s, very impressed with the quality of workmanship. It is a .380 in nickel finish, the last two numbers of the serial number are 77. Question, is this the year of manufacture, it is a West German model imported by Interarms, how rare was the nickel plated model, this is in brand new condition with box and manual, any ideas how much it is worth. Thanks in advance.....

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
This interesting, to my knowlege Germann ppk/s were never nickeled plated from the factory, could of been done after. To date it there should be a number following an antler stamped in the ejection port. This is the date the pistol was proofed in Ulm, Germany. The slide and frame should have matching serial numbers and eagle over N proof marks.

Unfortunately to many collectors, nickel plating or chroming will decrease the value, but it would make a great carry peice as this would prohibit rusting, which is a problem to those who carry blued Walthers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, the frame and slide numbers are the same, the frame has an "S" after the number. I can see some faint markings near the ejection port but I cant make them out. Is there any web site or other source of information that I can follow up to find more info on this nickel plated model? If it's been done aftermarket, it's a really good job. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, coincidentally, both the serial number and the barrel shroud number are the same, 77. Is this the same on yours? Any idea what the "S" suffix might be?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I found some more info, The S after the serial number means this one was made for Walther at the Manhurin plant. Manhurin did offer a satin steel finish that would look like nickel plating. If you email me the serial # I might be able to norrow it down some more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts