Walther Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many in here say they store their PPS decocked. What does this mean and how does one do it? Are you talking about just leaving the slide open or something? I mean eveytime you rack the chamber, its ready to fire....so the only way I figure you can do this is dry fire it, and then put it away. Is this what you guys do?

I have a P99 and that has a decocker button obviously...

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
If I'm storing it, then I do dry fire it before storing it.
I used to do that myself but I've got so many old striker fired guns now that at least some of them must have spent decades being stored while cocked. I haven't noticed any problems with them due to weakened springs so now I believe that it's not a neccessary procedure.

·
Registered
337 Posts
This thread gives me another good opportunity to remind you that with a traditional hammer-fired DA / SA pistol with a decocking option, you never have to consider any "dry firing" at all.😈

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Many in here say they store their PPS decocked. What does this mean and how does one do it? Are you talking about just leaving the slide open or something? I mean eveytime you rack the chamber, its ready to fire....so the only way I figure you can do this is dry fire it, and then put it away. Is this what you guys do?

I have a P99 and that has a decocker button obviously...

Thanks
No, cocking the PPS does not fully cock the striker. The PPS sear blcok and trigger bar were designed exactly like the Glock with the exception of the disconnector. It is only ready to fire when the trigger is pulled to the rear which completes the cocking of the striker and then drops the sear to fire.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I used to do that myself but I've got so many old striker fired guns now that at least some of them must have spent decades being stored while cocked. I haven't noticed any problems with them due to weakened springs so now I believe that it's not a neccessary procedure.
stored decades, really ??

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
stored decades, really ??
Most firearms are put away in a drawer or closet and forgotten about. I doubt that many of them are decocked beforehand. This is especially true of striker fired actions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts