Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Have a Walther PP 7.65 and need some help. Looks WWII around 1940 or 41’ and seams to be Police Issue. I am unable to figure the markings on the left above the trigger. I have 3 Eagle/N top of the barrel, on the barrel shroud and on the slide below the ejection port. The one on the shroud is a lite strike and only the right wingtip and part of the N are clear. I picked this up a couple of weeks ago at a Gun Show. So please share what you know.

Attachments

·
Registered
824 Posts
You have one of the Danish police PPs marked Rplt.. Import marks are on the other side. Seems the lanyard loop is missing?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Joe,

I’ve been looking on-line and in the forum and could not find the police property marking reference . It also does not have a Proofing House Mark.

Thanks again!

Will

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
It also does not have a Proofing House Mark.
Two of the three proof marks are visible: the one on the frame and the one on the slide. A third one should be stamped on the barell but usually it is rather weak. But you probably mean that it's impossible to say where the gun was proofed. You have to know that the marks of the different proof houses didn't show up until 1961.

At some time the original grips plates got replaced by the more recent ones with the small post-war banner.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Balogh,

Great info! I didnt catch the grips. I have located the proper lanyard loop/hammer plug, I’m sure the original style grips will be a little harder come by.

Thanks for the help, great group here!

Will

1 - 5 of 5 Posts