Walther Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the Shot Show, Walther is showing off it's new P99 compact, which I know is a big topic of discussion here. The compact does sport all the German proof marks and is definately made in Germany, according to Walther. They also have a new rifle out, called the G22.

They have also started the development work on a Scandium framed PPK and TPH. They're hoping to release these by next years Shot Show.

I'll try to have pictures for you next week.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Thanks for the heads up P88. I saw a picture of the new G22 on another board and man is it ugly. (just my opinion, of course)

Cool that it has a P99 grip though.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think its kind of ugly too. Reminds me of a Kel-tec a little.

What board did you see it on?

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm curious about the G22 and the scandium PPKs. Can you tell us/me a little more about them?

I'm guessing the G22 is a .22 cal rifle? What is the advantage of using scandium in the PPK?

-Thanks!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Walther G22 .22LR Rifle

Disappointed that the guy didn't take a picture of the P99 Compact.

So Devin, does the P99 Compact look like the pictures I've had on my website for a few months?

Wish you could send me a picture early so I can get it posted for everyone to see

James

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hey,

I went to the Shot Show today.  My feet are tired.  Interesting stuff for Walther-  They are revamping the style of the slide on the P99.  It looks closer to the SW version at the back.  Also they had a sample of the QA with the new slide and a military olive drab frame.  They also had a QA with a Titanium coated slide.  One of their reps said they may be rounding the trigger guards of the P99 in the future because they felt that's what Americans wanted.  I can't imagine who would want it but that's what they said.  Lastly, I handled the compact P99.  At the show they had a regular DA/SA and a QA version of the compact.  

I don't have a digital camera otherwise I would've taken pics.  I do have a couple of color slicks from their booth as well as their catalog.  I'll try to find someone to scan them so you guys can see them.

James, the compact looks like the pics on your site. On the slick I have they still have the squared trigger guard but the samples at the show had a rounded trigger guard.

·
Registered
20 Posts
What is wrong with them?! If we want the looks of a SW99 we will buy one. We buy the P99 because we like the P99! Don't they understand this?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Sounds like Walther is about to make a tremendously stupid marketing decision......... again.
It amazes me that they are still in business, they make some of the stupidest marketing decisions.
Awesome engineering and design, awesomely stupid marketing dept.!
I guess it's time to pick up one more P99, before they screw it up.

·
Registered
178 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (P88 @ Feb. 14 2004,9:28)]I think its kind of ugly too.  Reminds me of a Kel-tec a little.

What board did you see it on?
Saw it on AR-15.com originally.

Anyone have pics of this new P99 slide? I'm REALLY starting not to like Walther. First the cheesy P99c, now making the P99 slide more SW99'esque? Looks like I won't be buying too many Walthers in the near future.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I was questioning myself on my recent purchase of my 4th 9mm P99, a nice AB with rollmarked slide and a slick trigger fresh from the box that the AC's just don't seem to have.
Thanks to this thread about Walther's plans for the P99 I now realize that it was a wise decision

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I see Quack beat me with pics of the P99 compact. It does but doesn't look like the P99 in Extremists pictures. They've made it look more like a real P99 rather than a SW99.

As soon as I get my friend's pictures, I'll compare them to Quack/Lunde's and see if there's some different angles.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
By the way, the Scandium framed PPK's are suppost to compete with the Kel-tec's and such. (Lighter weight and all). But a 9mm PPK would be nicer to compete with Kel-tec.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts