Walther Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I've been lurking around the fourms for a while now.
Today I just picked up a new P99AS that I had on layaway. Im glad I got it when I did, my local sportsmans warehouse is sold out of them now.

I might to go out to the range this weekend, cant wait.

Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is marked AF so I think it is a 2005, .40S&W , all black, all German made. The test bullet was fired in July too. ** Whoops, Feb.
I would have liked to get it in 2 tone but what can ya do?

Anyone know what is up with the mag spring strength, OMG it is hard to load!
Granted this is my first pistol but ouch, maybe they just need to get broke in some.???

·
Registered
75 Posts
Wonder how close ours were in the factory?

Mines AF but 9mm ... all German

about the mag spring strength - your best bet is to load it full of ammo and let it sit for awhile. Should be fine after a few days.

-- jon

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input.

Ive had the 2 mags loaded for 2 days now, I was hoping that would help.

Concerning the mags, the manual stated that there was a special tool included in the box to dissasemble the mags... looked all over... no tool. Maybe I have to buy one? or they are not included any more?

It would be nice if someone could post a pic of it, I have been known to lose my own nose.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase. Odd, but I picked up my 05 AS at a Sportsmans Warehouse in Texas last week. Mind if I ask where youre at?? I didnt get the yellow tool either. Fired case dates 07-02-05. Not sure if that means Feb or July all depends on whether it was fired in the US or Germany. Not to hijack, but does your factory brass have any bulge in it. You'd have to feel for it as seeing it is hard.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ya, I did verify that the mag tool was missing from the box. Oh well.

I picked up my 05AS here in Albuquerque, NM. The date on the fired test round was 07.02.05 (European format is dd/mm/yy).

Also, I have taken my Walther to the range and I fired both 180gr Winchester JHP and the 125gr FMJ ammo. Great results from both, a big kick as well. I was a little too limp wristed for the first shot and kicked a casing right on top of my hat.

I also collect old military surplus rifles and have a good habit of checking my brass for cracks and buldging. I did not notice anything odd with the fired .40S&W brass at all, nor did I expect too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
oh, BTW.

Im fairly sure it was test fired in Germany, these are the reasons why..

1.) Ammo used is "Geco", a commom Euro brand.

2.) The date on the small envolope is 07.02.05 ... Euro use "." instead of "/"or "-" as a general rule.

3.) I practice Handwriting Analysis (aka Graphology). From this information I can tell an American educated from a Euro educated person, just from the handwriting. I can confirm that the person who wrote up the test target was European, or at least grew up there.

4.)The practice target is printed in German.

What yall think?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts