Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just aquired a Walther P22 AE/2004 date code with the carbon fiber frame.Price $299
I also scored a Thread adaptor at the Machine Gun Shoot Today & a Walther P22 laser.
I bought this realy for my 13 year old son to shoot.
I like the way the magazine release is too, HK Style..
I haven't shot it yet..
Any advise an the Walther P22?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also a .223 AR-15s flash Suppressor fits right on the 1/2x28 threaded silenser adaptor, & Looks great too!!
I have a Vortex Aquizer on it Now!! SWEET..
Range Test Due Soon!!
Beretta92

·
Registered
17 Posts
My wife and 15 year old daughter love shooting it! I took them out this weekend and they had a blast. My daughter then asked to fire my SW99 and my Bushy AR-15. What a girl! The wife doesn't care for the 9mm...too much kick. She likes the AR-15, though.

Long and short of it, the P22 is a fun gun to have. I have both barrels; 3.4" and 5".

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I was hopeing that the Walther P22 lives up to it's Looks
One nasty lookin little 22..
I am an avid firearms collector and my Favorites are HKs SIG Sauers Berettas Rugers etc etc etc
I like the mag release on the P22, HK Style, the small grip, My 13 year old likes the size alot..
I haven't gotten to shoot it yet, a few days away yet..
My Favorite 22 is a Ruger MKII Competition Target model..
I have over 300,000 rounds threw it with only a broken firing pin..If the P22 Walther can live up to my Torture it'll be a winner..
I will give the P22 the Federal Walmart Diet as these work best for me in my Rugers, I also have some Aquillas and some Stingers to try in it.
What should I look out for with the Walther p22?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I got around to shgooting the Carbon Fibered Walther P22 today and it was 100% with all ammo tested..
I shot 200 CCI Stingers first then 50 Aquilla Super Maxes and then shot a 550 Round Brick of the Federal Wal MartStuff!!
The Federal also shoots the best as it has less percieved recoil
I was realy freakin when I read all those posts about the Walther P22 being so ammo finicky, But it looks like they got that straightened out or I just got a good One..
Also the P22 in the 3.4" barrel is in no way even close as accurate as my Ruger MKII Competion Target Model 6 7/8" Barrel slab side..
Gotta Love the P22 though, it is what is!! A cool Lookin Plinker

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beretta92 @ April 14 2005,8:33)]Also the P22 in the 3.4" barrel is in no way even close as accurate as my Ruger MKII Competion Target Model 6 7/8" Barrel slab side..
You should get a 5" barrel conversion kit and see how it compares. I doubth that it will be as accurate as your Ruger, but it will be a better comparison.

I like the looks of that carbon P22.

Thanks for the report.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I might just score one of these 5" barrel kits, Ive seen them as low as $69.95...We'll See??
But My Little Buddy realy likes the Walther P22..

And Dad is taken bye it Too!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts