Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

Recently purchased a like-new PPS M1 from the LGS. Its clean, tight, and unworn. Shoots like a dream, no malfunctions of any kind. Currently carrying in a Sticky holster until I order a better IWB. Came here to learn a little more about it. It is in rotation with my Springfield XD Mod 2 and a Kimber Solo STS. I only carry 9mm, helps with the ammo supply.

Thanks,
Vexmaw

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Welcome from Florida.

Reactions: Vexmaw

·
Registered
661 Posts
Welcome. Have a BIL is Midlothian. He seems to be a nice guy. Unfortunately he is a Gamecock fan which he can never live down! Go Tigers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
New Walther owner with questions

Hello everyone,
I have been researching a gun my father just gave to me, and stumbled onto this site. He bought it over 40 years ago from someone whose dad brought it back from the war. It is a Walther PP, manufactured in 1940 in Zella-Mehlis (from info here) The serial number is 182681 P, and is stamped on the right side behind the trigger guard, but not on the barrel. It has the eagle N stamped on the slide opening and below and on the end of the barrel. The two marks I can not find on any research sites are: Stamped R345 on the left side housing behind the trigger, and a small stamp on the right side above the serial number that is a small circle enclosing what looks to be either a crown (or a circus tent!)with the letters BP under the crown. Help would be appreciated, I would like to know what I have in order to treat it properly, as it might need some work beyond cleaning. Tried to upload some pictures, but the site kept dropping me. Perhaps later. Thank you.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Try posting this info on the PP/TPH forum for more and better replies. You will get requests for photos of these features.

Welcome aboard!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts