Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just purchased a Lnib P99QA .40 12 rnd mags and is date code AF. I was just wondering if I could leave the mags full for long periods of time? I have always owned Glocks, so I don't know much about Walthers. Any help or tips would be appr. Thanks

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Yea - it will be fine. I underload my mags by 1 to not stress the springs - that's a practice from the 1990s and before.

U will get endless dicussion on what wears out mag springs, and there is no consensus or full agreement among members of any gun site.

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Taking one or two rounds out will reduce the stress on the springs. Also, I'd advise rotating your loaded mags. As has been mentioned, it's a topic where there are a lot of opinions so I can't give you a definitive rule for all mags, but I believe you should rotate your mags at least once a month if you are going to let them sit loaded.

If you choose to let them sit longer, they'll still work, but you may lose reliability and you may get occasional jams like failures to feed. It's not a big deal on the range. However, if this is a self defense gun, it's not something you want to experience.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts