Walther Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just ordered a Q4sf after stopping by my LGS to look at a PDP and Smith and Wesson 3.1 Shield Plus. I am trading in my Springfield XD45 Compact and .40 Subcompact. Just too much recoil to my liking since Ive aged 12 years now. Ive decided to stick with 9mm and with all the improvements to the defensive cartridge, I dont feel under gunned.

I retired from LE in NY back in 2006. I still continue to do my HR218 qualification yearly, but this past year it wasn't fun with the XD45C. I am looking to add a Dan Wesson 1911 9mm ECP this spring.

Ill post my impressions in a few weeks, once the gun is in my hands. :-((

·
Super Moderator
2,646 Posts
Hi,

I just ordered a Q4sf after stopping by my LGS to look at a PDP and Smith and Wesson 3.1 Shield Plus. I am trading in my Springfield XD45 Compact and .40 Subcompact. Just too much recoil to my liking since Ive aged 12 years now. Ive decided to stick with 9mm and with all the improvements to the defensive cartridge, I dont feel under gunned.

I retired from LE in NY back in 2006. I still continue to do my HR218 qualification yearly, but this past year it wasn't fun with the XD45C. I am looking to add a Dan Wesson 1911 9mm ECP this spring.

Welcome to the family! I think you'll find the recoil much easier to deal with with the Q4SF.

Let us know how it shoots.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Welcome! I just received a Q4SF a coue of weeks ago. I’m shooting it for the first time this weekend. I have a couple of posts on sights and guide rods, so check them out if you have any questions. I put the Walther performance trigger and aluminum grips on mine.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Hi,

Welcome from northern Indiana enjoy the conversation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts