Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

After years of loving my P22, I've created a new upgrade for the P22. I am a sponsoring member of the forum and I'm hoping the forum can support me back. I make an extended barrel nut and spring guide that makes working on the P22 easier, and it makes it look like a 9mm. I'm hoping you guys like it. If you have questions please feel free to ask. Email me at [email protected].

Please visit my website : Tech Tactical Gear - Walther P22 Barrel Upgrade

·
Registered
720 Posts
not for nothing, most people can insert the stock guide rod/spring without a tool. if you made that item for people with weak hands, you may consider a slight knurl on the end to assist with gripping it. maybe just a few lathed rings in it?

also be VERY careful as to which states you sell the adapters to. in my state, that would make my P22 a banned weapon due to the threaded barrel, possibly causing YOU problems. same holds true for at least a few other states........

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
Well, all P22 barrels are threaded. It's just that CA requires that the barrel nut be permanently attached and have no wrench lands for removal.

Welcome techtacticalgear. :) A few comments:

Check tightness after every clip......??? That seems pretty often. Better to keep hands away from the muzzle as much as possible.

Magazine, not clip
Barrel nut, not tip
Barrel sleeve, not spacer
Take down lever, not clip
Instead of pulling down the hammer when installing the slide it is easier to just to retract the slide all the way to the rear, then press the rear of the slide down until the slide grooves and frame rails align. Let forward, press up take down lever.

Now how about making some extractors.....I can tell you just what we need. Tactical extractors....... M1911

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
It's great to have you with us; welcome aboard. Maybe you can team up with 1917 and correct all of the things that Umarex/Walther thus far has refused to correct on the P22. How nice would that be?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Well, all P22 barrels are threaded. It's just that CA requires that the barrel nut be permanently attached and have no wrench lands for removal.

with the stock nut NJ says it's OK. if the barrel nut has external threads that can accept a muzzle device, it becomes an assault weapon :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
with the stock nut NJ says it's OK. if the barrel nut has external threads that can accept a muzzle device, it becomes an assault weapon :rolleyes:
The extension above seems to be an elongated barrel nut. I don't see any external threads for a suppressor so it should be good to go. What's wrong with the Garden State? Rabbits and deer terrorizing my garden might require an assault firearm. M1911

1 - 9 of 9 Posts