Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here like the new trigger guard which is coming out on their new guns. I like the original style flat front
trigger guard. To me the new guard looks like a beer belly and ugly.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I assume you are referring to my pics of the P99DA taken from the
Deutschen Waffen-Journal on their IWA report.

There's no certainty that Walther is actually going to switch to that trigger guard/accessory rail configuration. In fact, I've been told that the P99DA was strictly for a police contract submission to compete against the H&K P2000 (the P99DA lost
).

We'll have to wait and see, but don't take it for gospel that Walther is switching to that frame.

Regards,
James

·
Registered
229 Posts
Since I don't use the index finger of my support hand on the front of the trigger guard, I would be pleased to see Walther, Glock and others start rounding or at least tapering them.  I see nothing wrong with the current SW99 rounded trigger guard or the HK USP tapered trigger guard.

Someone should take  a poll here and see how many of us consistently use the off-hand index finger on the front of the trigger guard for support/stability.

·
Registered
411 Posts
While I don't use the squared off trigger guard for shooting, I do prefer the looks of the squared as opposed to the rounded.
The squared just looks more business like, compare a Sig P225 to a P228, the P225 just looks meaner IMO.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Since I use my P99 on duty and wear gloves quite often, I personally LOVE the BIG, squared trigger guard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts