Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After collecting a number of military rifles over the past 5 years, I somehow came accross the Walther pistol (I'm not sure how it happened).

Anyway, my first purchase was a Walther Manurhin PP in 32acp. Here are my initial 2 questions:

I need a new magazine. Are all Walther PP magazines the same & inter-changeable or do I need a specfic "Manurhin magazine" for this PP pistol??

Where can you find PP magazines on the internet for sale??

"Capital Pig"

·
Registered
24 Posts
Please remember, almost ALL post-war PP/PPK were produced at Manurhin.
The Manurhin as well as the models with the german Walther text
engraved. The german Walther PP/PPK are assembled in Germany,
but the parts were made at Manurhin as of economical advantages.

So all parts are exchangeable.

regards,
inspiron

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
They are interchangeable.....
however there is mags marked Manhurin, and if you go to www.p38forum.com and look for "lugerdoc" out of Missouri (Tom Heller arms) he should have a matching mag for your PP........

All postwar PPK/L's (dural or lightweight) and all .22lr's were made in France by Manhurin
the .32 and .380's were also made at Manhurin till 1985/86 when Walther started their own production of the PP and PPK

·
Registered
24 Posts
When I said that almost all PP/PPK guns are made at Manurhin, there are of course some exemptions.

But less than ser num 700001 at PP and less than 800001 at PPK, all of them were manufactured at Manurhin. Even if there is engraved "Carl Walther Waffenfabrik Ulm/Do."

The year doesn't matter. There are only a few PPK guns # 801113-814332 and PP 700001-708544 in 7,65mm, which seems to be manufactured in germany. From more than 1'200'000 PP and PPK all others are produced by Manurhin or, at least the parts are produced at Manurhin. Again, it does't matter what they embarced on the slide, the assembling location is different from the production location and the main production location of almost all PP/PPK parts is the Manurhin firm.

If you're a owner of a preliminary model, be happy!

You might ask me from wher I've got the informations:

There is a famous PP/PPK collector named James L. Rankin. This guy is from US and it must have been a torture for him to compile all these informations.

That guy is a god for PP/PPK as well as Warren H. Buxton is a god in questions of the P1/P38.

Unfortunately, in Germany those books are either not available or very expensive.

regards,
inspiron

·
Banned
7,055 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Are the PP and PPK still made in France and marketed in Europe?

Why did Walther stop making the PP & PPK?
Dieter Marschall's book lists the last German Walther PPK made Jan of 1999. His book was published in 2000. They stopped making them in France in 1985.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Just a footnote: German Walther/Ulm marked PP-series pistols in caliber 7.65mm (.32) that were "pre-produced" by Manurhin were supplied to Walther without magazines. The magazines for these pistols were manufactured and added in W. Germany.

That's a fact, and you won't find it in Dieter's book.

M

1 - 11 of 11 Posts