Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just purchased a NIB P990 for $419.00 with 2 10 rnders out the door.I just have a few questions. 1. Was this a good deal? 2. How much do the high caps usually cost? Just wondering im new to walther.
Thank you in advanced.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Welcome to the Walther Forums.

It sounds like you got a good deal.  P99's in general go for around $500.

The standard capacity magazines go for around $30 to $40, depending on where you live and how hard you look for a good deal.  I can get 9mm 15 rounders for $31.99, sometimes cheaper if I find a deal on them.

·
Registered
310 Posts
If you're like me, the "sticker shock" for Walther mags took a little getting over. I bought my 15-rd mags from CDNN for $39 each. I can buy 2 mags for my Rugers, Glock or Sig for that price...but now that I've had the Walther a while, I'd be willing to pay twice that. I love this gun!

$419 isn't a bad price. How do you like the double-action only?I haven't tried a P990 before...although the DA pull on my P99 isn't horrible.

Enjoy your Walther!

Jim

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey thanks for all the replys. that is kind of shocking how the mags are so high. im used to buying glock mags for 17.99 where im at. went to the range today and was very pleased with my groupings. i really like the DA of the p990. once again thank you.

·
Registered
160 Posts
If you shop around you can get mags in the 20 dollar range.  I just bought four new P99 .40 hi-cap mags for 24 a piece including shipping off E-bay.

I'll have to wait and see if they work like they are supposed to.  The price seems too cheap so I am a little skeptical.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hi cap, off eboy? I didnt think they would allow that... I hope your right!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts