Walther Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the Speed Sights on a Glock and they are very nice and work great. I have seen a video of a guy who kept them on his Glocks, but took them off of his S&W Shield though because of uneven sight alignment. I guess it depends on the firearm.

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
I put the Dawson Precision fiber optic front sight on my wife's PPQ, and it is great. It also fits into the slot with absolutely no wiggle, unlike the Trijicon front tritium sights I installed in three of our Glocks.

Side note: I should have gone with Ameriglo. Those apparently fit more tightly.

The Dawson Precision sight is the way to go for the PPQ.
I'm a big fan of Dawson Precision. The thing about Dawson Precision is you can have it your way.

They offer different fiber thicknesses, different rear and front sight configurations.

They will work with you to get your pistol "dialed-in" with their Perfect Impact guarantee.

If you are picky and have a decent idea of what you want, it's hard to go wrong with Dawson.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm a big fan of Dawson Precision. The thing about Dawson Precision is you can have it your way.

They offer different fiber thicknesses, different rear and front sight configurations.

They will work with you to get your pistol "dialed-in" with their Perfect Impact guarantee.

If you are picky and have a decent idea of what you want, it's hard to go wrong with Dawson.
I agree. The different sight heights are right there when you go to place your order. I just picked one that was the same height as the factory one, and it was perfect. I also measured the width of the factory dot, which the wife found to have been just fine, and picked a fiber thickness that was only a little smaller.

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
I agree. The different sight heights are right there when you go to place your order. I just picked one that was the same height as the factory one, and it was perfect. I also measured the width of the factory dot, which the wife found to have been just fine, and picked a fiber thickness that was only a little smaller.
The great thing is, after shooting the gun for a while you decide a thinner, thicker sight or a tritium front is something you may want, you have options.

If your defensive loads prints higher or lower you can correct for that. You have options.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The great thing is, after shooting the gun for a while you decide a thinner, thicker sight or a tritium front is something you may want, you have options.

If your defensive loads prints higher or lower you can correct for that. You have options.
Indeed. They make it very easy to customize your setup. They certainly live up to their name "Precision."

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks guys for the help. Going to TruGlo's a go but I'm really thinking my next pistol is getting Dawson's sights.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I had tried TFX sights and was disappointed, at 61 they worked good at night only, daytime they were very dim and could not see well at all during daylight. I settled for a red dot, Leupold Delta Point Pro, im now very happy, took a few trips to the range to feel comfortable but now I love the red dot and have one on every pistol I shoot.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the PPQ M2 .22, 5-in. barrel, with fiber optic front sights. Works great for me...but I don't know who supplied Walther the sight and I don't know if the .22 and the 9mm slides are anywhere similar. The two are certainly not the same gun.
91617_1.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
My wife and I just purchased our first pistol and the PPQ M2 9mm won the job. We have had the gun about 2 months and absolutely love this thing. The other day we were at the range and started looking at some of the after market sights such as the Trijicon, Tru-Glow and a few others I do not remember the names of. My wife is really interested in adding a fiber optic style sight over "night sights" but if there is something that really does both jobs then I am open to that as well. I am looking to see what everyone has used, prefers for the PPQ M2 4". As I mentioned this is our first pistol and we have much to learn so please feel free to give any and all advise...thank you.
Also a new PPQ M2 9mm owner and considered various sight options. In my case, age and eyesight was the dominating factor as I can't focus on the front sight. That meant going the RDS (red dot sight) route. Ordered an adapter plate from EGW that fits PPQ and Holosun HS507C-X2. The adapter plate attaches to the rear sight dovetail groove and sits on the slide. It's supposed to arrive tomorrow so will know if sitting high up will be an issue.

In the worst case, it seems the PDP slides which all come with RDS cutouts can be interchanged on the PPQ. It may be a while before slides are sold separately, and then there's the cost of adapter plate (the pistol comes with one included). Wait and see.

I also ordered HiViz front sight (SW3004-R) for the P99 which seems to be compatible with our PPQs. It'll help a little with blurriness if RDS is a no-go. Don't need the rear sight. If you're thinking about ordering both front and rear, note that some sights advertised for PPQ (I forgot which) are easy to install without tools (rear sight tool or hammer/punch) but are not sized right and will shoot high.

Joined the forum to get extra mags in the classified section but found lots of useful info being shared. Anyhow my 2 cents after doing some searching around.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Update on our new TFX sights. So after the first test which was really disappointing we went back to the range and I ran some rounds through the PPQ while one of the facilities owners watched. He asked to see the gun and after a few moments asked if he could tweak the rear sights. Now I had these professionally installed by a gunsmith and was a little nervous to say yes but I've known this guy for awhile now and said ok. He made his tweak and then gave the PPQ back and said try that. I could not notice any visual difference in what he did but on paper at 10yrds (the range we were already testing at) my wife and I were right back on dead center and putting groups in a 4" circle. I've had the gun back to the range a second time this week with a different 9mm brand to see if it's staying dialed it and it is. At 10yrds (my testing range) I'm staying consistent. So I guess the adjustment was minor but enough that it was throwing both my wife and I off by 4-6"...she now absolutely loves the sights which we started hunting for more for her own eyesight. Now that they are installed properly we are at the moment loving them.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,655 Posts
Update on our new TFX sights. So after the first test which was really disappointing we went back to the range and I ran some rounds through the PPQ while one of the facilities owners watched. He asked to see the gun and after a few moments asked if he could tweak the rear sights. Now I had these professionally installed by a gunsmith and was a little nervous to say yes but I've known this guy for awhile now and said ok. He made his tweak and then gave the PPQ back and said try that.
Unfortunately some gunsmiths shouldn't be allowed to install night sights...I've had to tweak a couple of TFX Pro installations for friends. It really isn't too hard to mount them properly in the first place.
Of course many smiths don't have the opportunity to fire the weapon after mounting the sights and that could be the issue.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Unfortunately some gunsmiths shouldn't be allowed to install night sights...I've had to tweak a couple of TFX Pro installations for friends. It really isn't too hard to mount them properly in the first place.
Of course many smiths don't have the opportunity to fire the weapon after mounting the sights and that could be the issue.
Well, I have two other pistols I'm going to be replacing sights on. Guess it's time to start investing in my own equipment such as a sight pusher and just doing the work myself. Complex gun work will have to go to a Smith but I should learn this stuff for myself.

·
Registered
931 Posts
That's one I just don't understand (and I agree with you that many don't) but how is the job complete if you don't test them? Too often I see rear sights that need to be drifted after a smith works on them. The guys I have used test their work, to insure that it's done completely, and that their customers aren't left needing to "complete" the job. I guess I always thought that was the norm, but yeah, surprised to find that isn't the case at all.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
That's one I just don't understand (and I agree with you that many don't) but how is the job complete if you don't test them? Too often I see rear sights that need to be drifted after a smith works on them. The guys I have used test their work, to insure that it's done completely, and that their customers aren't left needing to "complete" the job. I guess I always thought that was the norm, but yeah, surprised to find that isn't the case at all.
Unfortunately for the gunsmith that we used which is the only local one in my area his range I guess if you were testing the side to afterwards is outdoors. At the time that I had the sites put on the gun we had about a foot after 2' of snow on the ground in his range was closed so that's 1 of the reasons we weren't able to test them at the time and therefore I had to take him to an indoor arranged

·
Registered
931 Posts
Unfortunately for the gunsmith that we used which is the only local one in my area his range I guess if you were testing the side to afterwards is outdoors. At the time that I had the sites put on the gun we had about a foot after 2' of snow on the ground in his range was closed so that's 1 of the reasons we weren't able to test them at the time and therefore I had to take him to an indoor arranged
You'd think that after last week, I'd have a pretty good reminder that there is life outside of Texas, and that seasons play into things! 😁

That said, (and I do hear you) even when I lived in IL, a few guys I knew didn't consider something done until the took it to an indoor range, and tried it out...

I'm sheepishly realizing that there are good reasons for people doing what they do, or don't do!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
You'd think that after last week, I'd have a pretty good reminder that there is life outside of Texas, and that seasons play into things! 😁

That said, (and I do hear you) even when I lived in IL, a few guys I knew didn't consider something done until the took it to an indoor range, and tried it out...

I'm sheepishly realizing that there are good reasons for people doing what they do, or don't do!
Well, this is my first pistol and first time using a gunsmith. I've owned shotguns for bird hunting but never really needed any work done to them. So I'm taking this as a learning experience and will be more thorough with my choices in gunsmiths in the future.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts