Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Day,

I just recently picked up a Walther PPQ as my first pistol purchase. My son and I have taken it to the range and I have been captivated by the experience.
I am a transplanted Canadian and newly minted US citizen and am taking advantage of the a citizens right to own weapons. With all that is going on around us I've developed the sense that it is our responsibility to protect our families.

Walther has been a name that I have been exposed to over the years and have continued to hear good things about consistenly.

I purchased the PPQ after months of reasearch and reading reviews. Not to mention it was hard to find.

So I've joined the forum to learn more about the care of a the weapon and to get advice from time to time on issues that will contribute to my family's saftey and protection.

Thanking you in advance for your genorosity in sharing your expertise.

Grumpy :cool:

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Welcome to the forum, grumpy; it's nice to have you here. The PPQ is a great pistol; you and your son will no doubt get many years of enjoyment from it. Just be careful: One Walther can lead to another, and then another ...

Enjoy your time here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks and your right I still have my eye on a P22, but the reviews are very mixed unless your willing to do a tune up the performance seems spotty. But I can't resist a good challenge if I can find a used one looking for a good home.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
You'd be be much better off looking for a PP in .22 caliber than would would buying and jimmying a P22. You'll pay more, but you'll have a reliable pistol that you can pass along to your grandkids. With the P22 ... not so much.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome grumpy. You made a wise choice with the PPQ, and it will bring you years of enjoyment. Good to have for family protection also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts