Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here and just purchased a Walther PP .32 and wanted any insight that any of you might have. I have also been looking for a company that makes a supressor for the .32 with no luck.

For those who know the markings (which I don't) here they are:

Left side of slide-
Made in W. Germany, Carl Walther Waffenfabrik Ulm/Do., Eagle symbol above an "N".

Left Frame-
Eagle symbol above an "N", CIA Georgia VT.

Barrel-
70, Stag Horn symbol, Eagle symbol above an "N"

Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated. It was a great deal. I paid $225.00 out the door and it came with both mags and the original box and cleaning tool.

Thanks again!!!
trigger

·
Registered
64 Posts

hi, nice to have new members. your pistol is a postwar walther pp. the 70 on the barrel is the year it was made. the antler is the mark for the factory in ulm, germany. can't help you with a supressor....good luck!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The "CIA" stamp on the frame along with the city of import caught my eye. Is that some sort of indication that this may have been some type of issued weapon?

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
The "CIA" stamp on the frame along with the city of import caught my eye. Is that some sort of indication that this may have been some type of issued weapon?
Century Arms Inc. of Vermont: an importer that stamped its guns CAI. Century International Arms Inc.: same company, but some of the firearms it brought in were stamped CIA. It's also not uncommon for folks to mix up the two when reporting data on a firearm because of the frequently used CIA acronym.

Here's a link on gun data codes, updated through May of this year, that might prove useful:

http://www.leds.state.or.us/OSP/CJIS/docs/NCIC_Gun_Codes.pdf

1 - 4 of 4 Posts