Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,

First post. I figured I'd start here to say "Hi" since I had some questions about the PPQ.

I have a PPQ M2 that I've had for awhile. I've put about 400-500 rounds through it, but it's been sitting in the safe for awhile now. I've recently purchased a few new toys so the PPQ has been ignored. Well...not any more.

With colder months approaching I figured now would be a good time to start looking at some holsters for the PPQ since I'll have more clothing to conceal. I will admit, I have a little extra mass around my mid section. Love handles and all. I've found it hard to carry anything IWB because of the extra thickness inside my waistband. In the rare occasion that I do, I wear a button down shirt that's a little on the big side and keep it untucked. It works alright but the holster usually digs into my waist. I have a glock 26 Gen 5 in a HAWG holster and it's just too thick. I think the gap between the retention clip and the body of the holster is too wide which just increases the problem.

What are your opinions of the Bravo Concealment Torsion IWB holster? It's supposed to keep it closer to your body and I need all the help I can get because my waist is the widest part for me.

Thank you for any help you may have.

Here's a pic of my PPQ and my current (uncomfortable) IWB setup.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
My opinion, with the thickness of a PPQ, you need something a little wider to spread the compression point to help keep it from digging in.

I have an AlienGear Cloak Tuck 3.0 (leather version) and NOT the 4.0 or the Shape Shift.

Walther PPQ M2 4 inch Cloak Tuck IWB Holster (Inside the Waistband)

Of course this is if you carry at the 4:30 position. You'll need something different if you appendix carry.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice. You said you have the 3.0

I was looking and they have the 3.5 which is an updated version of the 3.0

Also, is the 4.0 a bad holster? I like that I could convert it to OWB down the road.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks for the advice. You said you have the 3.0

I was looking and they have the 3.5 which is an updated version of the 3.0

Also, is the 4.0 a bad holster? I like that I could convert it to OWB down the road.

3.5 is synthetic material. Not as stiff as the leather. I think the little bit of stiffness helps spread the pressure point more gradual in a wider area and makes it more comfortable. I haven't tried the 3.5 but have read others that have and commented the 3.0 was more comfortable.

As for the 4.0; I'm all about versatility. And almost bought the 4.0. But I came across one in a B&M store and was able to get my hands on it. In order to make it modular with interchangeable parts, they had to sacrifice some of the thinness. The 4.0 is thicker due to the attachment system they use. I knew I would use it for IWB and that extra thickness made me change my mind. I went with the 3.0.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is great to hear. I just ordered a cloak tuck 3.5 a little bit ago. I went with my gut and I was kind of expecting the 4.0 to be thicker.

Being that I'm a little chunky in the mid section, I'm glad I went with the 3.5.

Thanks for the advice. Now for the waiting time.

Apparently glock model holsters are always in stock (of course). The PPQ M2 holster has a 5-6 day wait period before it ships.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts