Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its a 2010 model, I need to know 2 things!! First off, What can I do to tune this up! I polished the hell out of the feed ramps, I debured her slightly. I want to get the trigger worked a little myself maybe polish it and get it a little less heavy. What can I do, what advice for DIY little fixes. Second Mags!!! Stay with walther or go with another companies? I know with my 1911s stock isn't always best, like my kimber likes the kimtac and wilson combat way more than plain OEM kimber mags, So whats the story with the ppk/s?
Thanks and I hope to get a real nice PP one of these days because Oregon is full of great guns for CHEAP.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
My advice, FWIW, is to shoot it and see what it needs, if anything. It might -- just maybe -- be fine just the way it is, in which case you'd expend a great deal of time and effort for no good reason. The Mec-Gar mags work great in these pistols (Mec-Gar makes magazines for Walther). You'll save some money with them. You might want to check out the mag deals at CDNN Sports.

You'll have to point out some of these great cheap guns in Oregon. I haven't stumbled on all that many, especially of late. :)

Welcome to the forum; enjoy your time here.

·
Super Moderator
9,924 Posts
By, "Less heavy," I'm assuming you're referring to the double-action mode, as single-action on these babies is already pretty darned light (at least to my trigger finger). As for the double-action pull, I don't know that you can do anything to lighten it up short of going to a lighter hammer spring, and that risks the danger of light primer strikes.

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well even the single action seems heavy (pounds wise) I'm used to my kimber's crisp snappy light trigger Double action is always pretty sluggish! As for Oregon deals!! Sorry gotta keep em to myself!! :) A few weeks ago I got a beautiful Kreb's AK (ktr-03s) with ace folding stock a Sig red dot( not the best going to sell it) and a few mags for just over 600$ took it to the gunshow to get a few mags had like 20 people ask me how much, I told a guy running the ammo stand what I paid he told me to FU*K OFF, and said I was too lucky (he was joking!!) Just hit the classifieds every few days and ask for a lower price (politely) and most of the time they call me back in a few weeks!!

·
Super Moderator
7,493 Posts
Pretty good summary here already. Doubt the single action on a Walther will match the break on a (perhaps tuned) 1911. The PP series was never meant to be a target gun, and the more complex double action lockwork makes a really crisp, slack-free trigger more difficult to achieve. I wouldn't get in there mucking around and perhaps create an unsafe condition (a stunt I have been known to pull when I just can't let things the hell alone...).

Enjoy your new gun for what it is; presume it is a .380. Walthers have a lot in common with that old potato chip ad; if you like guns, it likely won't be your last. Start thinking about a .32.
Moon

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know I know, leave well enough alone right! I love it to death, I respect what it is, but I was thinking I'm going to polish all the parts rel nice next time I deep clean it. I wouldn't mess with the sear or anything. I was thinking about maybe getting a tap and putting a overtravel stop and radius and polishing the trigger front. Just a few DIY things I found on the Cylinder-Slide website.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts