1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - I am interested in buying this PPKs:

SUPERB EARLY WALTHER PPK/S .380ACP EAGLE/N 1972 NR
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/796313175

The problem is, I have no idea how to value these older firearms. Can anyone point em to a resource or help me with what price range this should fall under so that i dont lose my shirt?

Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
You have come to the right place if you are interested in learning about PPK values. There are many, many posts on this forum regarding determining PPK, among others, values if you are willing to take the time to do the research. We have several members who are extremely knowledgeable in this area who may be willing to help you out.

I am not an expert by any stretch of the imagination but I can offer a little help.

The gunbroker sellers discription looks to be accurate as to date of manufacture, etc. The PPK/S was made intentionally for the U.S. to comply with the Gun Control Act of 1968 and as a result, it is a variation of the original German PPK. It looks like this gun was manufactured in 1972 which would make it a reasonably early production model. This should help you come to a determination as to what you think it might be worth.

Now, as to value, this is strictly a subjective figure. I think at this point in the bidding process, it only has value if you are a collector. If you are looking for a gun to carry then this gun is now overpriced. Walther is expected to start shipping new production PPK/S's is the very near future so keep that in mind if you are buying this for resale.

I hope this is helpful.

·
Registered
632 Posts
West German PPK/S's can generally be picked up from gunbroker for $550 in heavily used condition, $650-750 in relatively good condition, and $900-XXXX in mint. It depends on what the collectors value. The example that you listed is a beauty and that is what the bidders are interested in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.