Walther Forums banner

New (to me). Walther PPK/S .380

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  olsoul 
#1 ·
Hey Guys......Hans Fischer here in Tennessee....its been awhile....Well..today is the Big Day....finally picked up my Walther PPK/S .380 from a Retired Police Officer......he had carried it for many years working Undercover......said was fine pistol .....I know its a Walther and I thought Made in Germany.....but I noticed to my dismay....stamped on left front slide right under the Walther Logo..."Made in USA"...???....I admit Im a bit confused......one story I heard was they were made in Germany but Assembled in USA..???........and that brings to mind something I heard that the Walther assembled by Smith & Wesson had some problems.......So I Appreciate anyone giving me some information.....I was Terrifically Happy until I saw the "Made. In USA" under the Logo......do these PPK/S have a problem as opposed to the ones made and assembled in Germany..?.....I Appreciate anyone taking the time to drop me a note......Best Regards....Hans Fischer

#2 · (Edited)
Carried by a cop and it would have issues???

OK first Welcome to the Forums!.

Without a bit more information we can't really help you. This could be an InterArms Ranger or a Smith & Wesson. The serial number and or images of both the left and right side of the slide will give us the answers.
The more info you give us the more exact our answers will be... :)

There was a recall on some of the S&W weapons and we could tell by the serial number if your weapon was in the range.

All that being said the PPK/S can be extremely reliable especially if bubba hasn't gotten his grubby mitts on it with his Dremel. I would think if a LEO used it as an EDC or BUG it was well kept and reliable. 32s are soft shooters and were the caliber these weapons were designed around. The 380 round is a little bit more "rappy".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.