Walther Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi to all, yes i am the proud poppa of a german walther pp in 7.65mm it is i believe in very good condition overall grips are good no cracks. i havent been able to shoot it yet. i know i spent too much but it was very nice, i am a makarov shooter from way back and i thought this would be a comparable pistol to it well i was right and wrong the mak is more user friendly with the extra weight and the slide stop but compared to the pp it was built by neanderthals lol. very smooth and silky. i traded a rossi carbine .357 a browning buckmark and a single shot rossi .22 for it. any idea what the cash value on something like this is? i know sog has ppk's in .32 for 295.00 but this is a pp. help out a new dad huh. thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i don't really know. i know it has a weird stamp on the side with the safety behind the triggerguard, it looks like it says NDS kinda in a box with rounded corners. and it says on the carl walther waffenfabrik ulm/do modell pp 7.65mm. just above the mag release is a stamp that looks like a little fist or a flower.has three white dots on the sights and a ring hammer with a hole.

·
Registered
6 Posts
See for yourself what they're asking:

http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976421012.htm
http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976275579.htm
http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976409655.htm

That's just a few.

Pre WWII and wartime WWII guns are worth more. Nazi marks add collector value.

French (Manurhin) guns are worth less, in general.

The recently available guns with the lanyard ring on the bottom of the grip are police trade-ins. Some are in great shape. The ones I've seen don't have the loaded chamber indicator like the commercial versions. I think these may be the $295 guns you mentioned. They come with case and two mags.

Most stainless PPK/S guns are made in the US under license. Smith and Wesson now imports/makes Walther guns in the US. Many people believe that older S&W and Walther guns are better than current offerings. I saw a new PPK/S at a gun show with S&W markings that looked to be of poorer quality than older ones.

There is nothing wrong with the French or US contract guns. But, given a choice, go with the German.

·
Registered
6 Posts
**NDS is the importer. *The manufacture date should be on the other side with an antler proof mark from the Ulm proof house. *If there is a round pin on the back of the slide that you can see through the notch in the hammer (when viewed from the back) then it has the loaded chamber indicator and is probably not a police trade-in. * With a round chambered the pin should stick out enough to see or feel in the dark). Police contract guns don't have the LCI.

**(Note: NDS is not an importer stamp. It is the Property stamp of the Lower Saxony Police in W. Germany).

·
Registered
6 Posts
The Nds imports were commercial guns. Odd that it doesn't have the loaded chamber indicator. Is there a hole in the back of the slide between the firing pin and rear sight? Maybe the little part is missing. Here is a pic showing the indicator above the firing pin.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nope no hole no part missing...hmm do we have a mystery here? whats also strange is the d/a trigger is so smoth and light that it rivals my worked over model 19 smith..and in disammembly i noticed that the feed ramp seems to be highly polished and lowered ever so slightly. well she shoots like a laser 1.3 at 15 yds and i am no pistolero.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The accuracy of the .32 ACP (7.65) is usually better than the .380. This of course is the round the gun was originally designed for. In my opinion the .32 is also much more pleasant to shoot than the .380 which can be kind of "snappy".

·
Registered
6 Posts
If the LCI is not there it is possible that someone switched the slide with another gun. If that is the case the serial numbers on slide and frame would be different.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If Ruger is making the new castings then that would explain why they look different. Ruger does investment casting for firearms and aerospace industries. The new slides look investment cast instead of billet machined. This SHOULD make the price lower. It will certainly make the older guns more desirable in the future.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I was told nds was a german city police stamp.  It seems that a lot of these have been put on the market.  I paid 500 for one but this was on the high end I think.

·
Registered
10 Posts
NdS is the code for the German Lower Saxony Police. Your PP is a police trade in. I have had one for a number of years, and it is an excellent shooter. It was like-new when I bought it, and I've put several thousand rounds through it since.

Harvey

1 - 15 of 15 Posts