Walther Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I inherited this firearm and am looking for any help as to what exactly it is. I don't think it's anything special but more knowledge never hurt anyone.

Right by the safety there is a "170" engraved

Under the name of the actual firearm is "6/82"

The serial number is 005170

To the right of the serial, above the trigger there is a slightly rough engraving of "Bw"

The front of the grip below the trigger reads "PW ARMS REDMOND WA"

On the barrel in front of the locking mechanism there is another "170" with and X'd out "877" to the right of it

That looks to be all the letter/number markings, please let me know what anyone knows about any of these.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I inherited this firearm and am looking for any help as to what exactly it is. I don't think it's anything special but more knowledge never hurt anyone.
Right by the safety there is a "170" engraved
Under the name of the actual firearm is "6/82"
The serial number is 005170
To the right of the serial, above the trigger there is a slightly rough engraving of "Bw"
The front of the grip below the trigger reads "PW ARMS REDMOND WA"
On the barrel in front of the locking mechanism there is another "170" with and X'd out "877" to the right of it
That looks to be all the letter/number markings, please let me know what anyone knows about any of these.
This sounds like a typical Bundeswehr (BW) retired service pistol. 6/82 would be the manufacture date (1982). PW Arms is the importer that brouht the gun into USA. The XXX out number indicates it woas arsenal refurbished by the Bundeswehr at some point. These are fairly common and typically sell in the $250-$350 range depending on condition.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.