Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got this Interarms/Ranger PPK. It's early 1990s manufacture.

It's in excellent condition with nice deep bluing. The gun doesn't look like it's been fired much.

I bought it to use. I didn't want to pay $2,000 plus for a gun made in Germany that would sit in a safe. The design of this gun is fairly true to the German manufactured ones. The other choice was to get the new Ft. Smith in black. This one looks more like the older models. I do have a new Ft. Smith PPK/S in stainless that I really like.

After proper cleaning and lubrication, I fired a variety of ammo including JHPs. It worked flawlessly until about 100 or so rounds and then I got some feeding issues with JHPs. The chamber had gotten pretty dirty, so it seems it can get finicky if it's not clean. The fit and finish on the frame is not as good as the Ft. Smith PPK/S. The slide though, seems to be finished very nicely. I am wondering if the slides were made elsewhere. The Single action trigger was very nice with very little creep. Double was action is very nice too. It didn't feel too heavy.

My hand was pretty beat up. It has more recoil than the PPK/S. and a lot more than the Kahr P380 that I also shot. The Kahr was a pleasure to shoot in comparison, even though it's smaller and lighter.

I'm really enjoying the PPK.
I think it's one of the best looking guns ever made and the blued finish really adds to the look.
The all steel manufacture makes it feel much better in the hand.
The mechanism is great. DA/SA. De-cocker. It is a mechanical wonder

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t9ze10mctvp7zk0/Walther PPK.jpg?dl=0

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
The blued versions of the IA/Ranger guns are scare and desirable, congrats. If you want to share photos, there are better options than getting somebody to sign up for a drop box link.

As an aside, you can get very nice examples of vintage PPK for much less than $2,000. Here are a few commercial ZM PPKs in the (desirable) 7.65/.32 caliber built in the 1930s at around the $1,500 price point.
https://www.legacy-collectibles.com/hand-guns/walther-ppks

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The blued versions of the IA/Ranger guns are scare and desirable, congrats. If you want to share photos, there are better options than getting somebody to sign up for a drop box link.

As an aside, you can get very nice examples of vintage PPK for much less than $2,000.

It won't let me upload the photo for some reason, even though I've made the file size very small. What's a better alternative for photo?

I've seen the German varieties in excellent condition go for a lot of money.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Well, sure, there are examples at all kinds of price points, I am just saying that you can spend less if you look and are patient. I bought a 99+% .32 commercial ZM on Simpson’s for $1,250 just a few months ago.

Do a search on the WF and you will find options for posting photos.

Reactions: 93978

·
Registered
274 Posts
It won't let me upload the photo for some reason, even though I've made the file size very small. What's a better alternative for photo?

I've seen the German varieties in excellent condition go for a lot of money.

Get a photo hosting site (I use Photoimage.org) and transfer your photo there. (I have to send myself an email of the photo, save it to Photoimage. It will be stored there as an URL. Then copy the URL of the stored picture. You will get options of the size, you don't have to scale it down to a tiny size. You'll be given several options; to share to a website, I chose that option. Use the share picture option at the top of this page and post the link. It won't show the picture, not the way this site works I guess to save bandwidth, put will put a link where you can click on the view. When I joined this group, I also tried to post a picture, but you can't...only a link to where your photo is stored on your photo hosting site. If I'm not being clear on this, probably leaving things out, there is a Sticky explaining the process.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Interarms/Ranger PPK

PeterA

I love my Interarms/Ranger. My is a PPK/S blued .380 acp born in 1982. I am the second owner, buying it from the son of the original owner. I received the box, 2 magazines and pistol, no target, cleaning rod or manual. It is still in pristine condition and a good shooter.

My opinion is that the Ranger manufactured PP pistols are solid, well made handguns. You should be very happy with yours. I use Winchester White Box 95 grain Flat points for target and Remington Golden Saber 102 HP. I replaced the original grips (saved) with Altamont wood.

Best of luck with yours.

Duncan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts