Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

Well, I lucked out earlier this week and found an '04 P99 Titanium (in 9mm) new in a dealer's display case.  I picked it up for my wife as this is the color scheme she was looking for.  

I took it to the range yesterday to break it in and noticed that the recoil was a lot crisper and sharper than on my Sig226.  I'm assuming this is a combination of things including gun design, poly frame, and type of recoil spring.  

I've not shot a large number of 9mm handguns, (couple of Glocks, my Sig, and this new Walther) so the question is:  Is the felt recoil normal on the Walther and my Sig just hits soft?  

This gun is for my wife and she is completely new to guns of any kind, is there a replacement recoil spring that would soften the felt recoil without compromising the functionality of the gun?

Thanks guys,

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Sprinco makes one
It is a aseembly though not just the sring, it is also out of metal (the Sring rod)..... somebody here on the board uses one ,,
I belive it is DTQ.... maybe he will tell you how much it helped

·
Registered
333 Posts
You hinted at the possible felt recoil difference.......your Sig is all metal and has more weight.........

Also..........break in your Walther for a few hundred rounds before deciding on recoil spring changes. Every new "toy" needs some wearing in time <smile>

The 9mm does have a crisp recoil compared to say a .45 ACP........so what you are describing is normal.

I look at it this way............ the weapon is what it is, try to learn to work with it. Your wife [ not being spoiled by other habits] will have little trouble learning to shoot the Walther very well. We have some posts that cover "point shooting" she should read. Wish the Admin. could "sticky" that post to the front for easier access, along with the posts concerning cleaning and take-down.

JF.

·
Registered
86 Posts
You might change out the backstrap, not that that will decrease recoil but the wife likes the small one and I like the middle. When we go out shooting and the small one is on there my grip is not quite right and I notice more slappping of the palm of the hand and more rise when shooting.

Rockets Out....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts